Good Morning - I have McAFee installed 785+293-4435 this morning…

Customer Question
Good Morning - I have...
Good Morning - I have McAFee installed 785+293-4435 this morning while watching an email the warning came up in the lower right corner saying tha some thing wanted access to my computer Always Allow Allow once Block - I'm 72 an not much with computers - I did not recognise the address that wanted access so I blocked it - should not have done that - now I can not get the extra part of some of my newsletters when they you cllick "more" - then I went to McAFee in the lower right and brought it up and now I get the same message when I ask for a report on activity HELP Thanks Jack [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

1. Step 1

Click the "Start" icon or word tab on the computer's taskbar at the top or bottom of the screen.

2. Step 2

Go to the "Control Panel" tab folder within the "Start" menu list options.

3. Step 3

Change the view of the "Control Panel" thumbnail images and icons by clicking the "Control Panel Home" viewing option in the upper left corner of the screen.

4. Step 4

Select "Security" folder when the "Control Panel" view shifts to the suggested home view.

5. Step 5

Choose the "Allow a Program through Windows Firewall" option, which will be listed under the Windows Firewall settings when the Security folder opens.

6. Step 6

Click the "Continue" action to bypass the User Account Control pop-up window.

7. Step 7

Scroll through the list of installed programs in the table that will appear in the pop-up dialog window. Check the box to the left of McAfee, once you have located it in the list.

8. Step 8

Select the "Add Program" option below the table, and click "OK" to confirm your settings and changes.

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://news.personalliberty.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DS%3ApglLjHJlT%3ATWWU%3ATYUCAWA%3AYDCAUTB%3ASRTRUD%3AURBRDTSAS%3AG%3AaVXtpKX%3DARYUCST&_ei_=might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error this is the message that I get - I can not find "allow a Program through Windows Firewall" option I see a "Windows Firewall" and when I open that then I see general -exceptions - advanced - I've gone further and found the list of programs - gone thru it 3 times and can not find McAFee - what now - I feel like I should be better at this -
To disable Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. On the General tab, click Off (not recommended).
  3. Click OK.