Updating my payment information and keep getting a reply that…

Customer Question
Updating my payment information and...
Updating my payment information and keep getting a reply that is telling me that we are encountering problems and to contact Earthlink. Account is past due and needs to be paid.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

Would you please tell me exact error message with the error code?

If you are using Web Connect, check the following items before taking other troubleshooting steps.

Verify your version of Quicken supports online banking.

Verify your financial institution supports Web Connect download.

Verify the type of file you are downloading

Log in to your financial institution's Web site and verify that you are downloading the correct type of file. A Quicken Financial Exchange (QFX) file is created during a Web Connect download. Verify that you are not trying to import a Quicken Interchange Format (QIF) file. Support for QIF files has recently changed, and can no longer be used to import transactions to most accounts.

Empty the Temporary Internet Files folder

If your Temporary Internet Files folder is large or near its capacity, you may not be able to import a QFX file. The most common symptoms are nothing happening or a dialog flashing briefly on your screen when you click to download the QFX file.

If you use Internet Explorer 6.0, the following procedure shows you how delete files from the Temporary Internet Files folder. If you need additional assistance, consult the manufacturer's instructions for your browser.

To delete temporary Internet files:

1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. Select the Tools menu > Internet Options.
  3. Under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files.
  4. When the confirmation message appears, click OK.

Be sure the QFX file association is correct

Windows uses file associations to identify which program should handle a type of file. If your file association is not correct or damaged, you might not be able to complete a Web Connect online banking session.

If you use Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the following procedure shows you how to reset file associations. If you use a different operating system, consult the manufacturer's instructions for your operating system.

To reset file associations:

1. On your desktop, double-click My Computer.
  2. Select the Tools menu > Folder Options.
  3. On the Files Types tab, in the Registered file types list, select QFX Quicken QFX data.
  4. Restart Quicken.
  5. When the message about making Quicken the default Web Connect application appears, click Yes. This automatically recreates the file association.
  6. Try again to download transactions with Web Connect.

Be sure the QFX File contains no errors

In rare cases, the QFX file itself contains incorrect information. If necessary, you can download the QFX file and view the contents to troubleshoot any errors. However, this step is usually not necessary, and should be done only with the assistance of your financial institution.

To view the contents of a QFX file:

1. Select the Quicken Edit menu > Preferences > Quicken Program.
  2. In Select preference type, select Web Connect.
  3. In Select preferences on the right, check both checkboxes.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Visit your financial institution's web site and download as usual.
  6. Save the QFX file on your computer.
  7. Open the file in a text editor, such as Notepad, and review the contents for accuracy.

For additional troubleshooting information, see Online troubleshooting guide