my pc will not let me log on after my macafee scan

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please detail for me what happens when you try to log on? Does it not accept your password, is there an error?

thank you

nothing happens i switch on my pc and log onto my account and it immediatley says logging off th s happens on all our user accounts i have tried the macafee helpline but they were not very helpful the guardian newspaper reported a problem with macafee the web is reporting that there are problems with macafee but macafee are saying they have corrected the error not on my pc they haven't

ok then do the following please.

Start the computer and keep pressing F8 until a menu appears.

from the menu choose "last known good configuration" and follow the instructions to restore the computer to its previous state. This will not affect your files.

Once it is finished, you should then be able to log in normally.

I would then wait away before performing the mcAfee Scan again until then next mcAfee update (you are still respected though)

If you require more information, please let me know

the pc asks me to use the f1 key or f2 key non of the others work including the f8 key

If you have windows, it will work.

Please keep pressing it repeatedly just as the computer starts (after you press the on switch). Keep pressing it until the menu comes please

the message i receive is floppy diskette seek failure strike f1 t to continue f2 to run the set up utility w hat floppy diskette? any help appreciated by the way we have a dell pc
ok, can you press F1 then continue pressing F8 please
aha i have an options menu

excellent,

logging on is fine but it just logs us off there were no instructions re last known good configurations just an enter button
so when the computer was starting you kept pressing F8 after F1 and you did not see "last known good configuration" in the menu?
yes but it automticALLY OPENED OUR ACCOUNTS WITH NO PROMPTS

yes that is ok.

Now please restart the computer normally and you should not have the problem that mcAfee caused.

Please let me know how it goes.

NO IT JUST KEEPS LOGGING ME OFF MY ACCOUNT S SOON AS I LOG IN MAYBE WINDOWS IS INFECTED?

I believe it needs a repair.

Please do the following

Put in your windows disk and keep pressing any key until windows loads from the disk.

Then choose the option to repair windows.

Let it complete and please let me know if you continue to have the problem

OK MANY THANKS I WILL NOW HAVE TO FIND THE WINDOWS CD AND DO ASYOU ASKMANY THANKS IF I HAVE TO WORK ONTHIS APPLEMAC Lptop for much lomger i will go mad
no problem, you are welcome