Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Master in Computer Science
29603465

The printer seems to be printing OK but the paper comes out

Customer Question

The printer seems to be printing OK but the paper comes out blank.

Inks are OK
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

A simple reset of the printer might solve your problem.
To rest the printer Go the control panel by clicking on the Window Start button. Then go to program/add remove programs. There you need to find your printer in the list and uninstall that. After uninstallation, restart the computer. And unplug your printer for 5-10 minuts. Now install the printer driver. Hope this will make you printer working. If that does not work , it seems to be a hardware problem
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't understand this - is there are word missing?

'To rest the printer Go the control panel by clicking on the Window Start button.'

Shirley Harriott
First Click on the Start button, There you will find the control panel section, Select that and then proceed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where is the Start button?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am afraid your help did not work and I had to get in an IT man.

He discovered the fault was in the Lexmark Ink Cartridge. I had put in a new one recently and the picture on the printer indicated all the inks OK, but there must have been a fault in the cartridge, as all he did was put in a new cartridge and everything was OK.

So this cost me three or four days of no printing, plus the cost of the failed cartridge. You will understand that I am not keen to pay any more on something that my adviser says is a Lexmark error in the first place.

Thanks for trying.

Shirley Harriott.