I have a word 2007 document with a background picture and text…

Customer Question
I have a word 2007...
I have a word 2007 document with a background picture and text that I want to print. In print preview the background image appears as I want it to print (one big picture), but when I actually print it, the image prints out like 100 little images on the printed page. How do I get the print preview to print as I see it (WYSIWYG)?
With the other expert I tried a different machine (he thought maybe the application was corrupted) He asked my to try a different image - thinking the image was corrupted - that isn't it either.
Is there a WYSIWYG type of function - this is killing me...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Tech Support Specialist: joytinu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Hi

Thanks for your question.

It should print as it previews. Since it doesnt I think the problem is with WORD application files.

please reinstall MS OFFICE And try again. it wont erase any of your files so its the first thing to try.

if that doesnt help then convert that file to PDF using this and then print

http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

This is a Kinko's machine - so I can't reinstall anything - But I can try another machine. Also already tried the PDF route - It didn't work either
Hi

Try with other background picture and see if it changes anything.
try on other computer to confirm if it works

Just printed on the other computer - same output. I'll try another image

then its the problem with image.
I'll try another image -
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer

Please check if the Print Background colours and Images checkbox has been checked in Print options in Word 2007.

If not, try to enable it and see if your print occurs properly:
Here is how to do it:

Word 2007

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
  2. On the Display menu, click to select the Print background colors and images check box under Printing Options, and then click OK.