I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 and lost my favorites page…

Customer Question
I downloaded Internet Explorer 8...
I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 and lost my favorites page so I restored the computer to an earlier date, but still didn't recover my favorites list. I tried to restore a couple of days more at which point the computer will not even get me on internet. When I attempt to open Internet Explorer, the screen goes white for about a 50th of a second and returns to the desktop. What do I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/8/2010
Tech Support Specialist: joytinu, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Hi

Thanks for your question.
You can undo the restore or restore back to the present date.

then reinstall internet explorer.

if that doesnt help then install firefox and when you install it, it will import everything from IE

so if favorites are there, it will import it

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

otherwise its lost
Hi

Thanks for your question.

then reinstall internet explorer.

otherwise its lost