I regularly email with a person who uses two computers, a desktop…

Customer Question
I regularly email with a...
I regularly email with a person who uses two computers, a desktop connected to our local cable service (cableone.net) and a laptop which has a 3G wireless modem (Verizon I think). Her email address/ISP is the cable service (cableone.net), but she uses Outlook Express on both computers, which seems to be configured the same on both. Until one week ago, I could receive new emails and replies from either of her computers equally well. Then no emails or replies to my emails from her laptop came to me, but communications from her desktop still come through fine. She receives my emails on both.
I use the web interface at cableone.net for all my emailing. We need to figure out why all of a sudden I can no longer receive email from her laptop.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/8/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Can you please do the following on the laptop. Restart it and keep pressing F8 until a menu appears.

From the menu choose "last known good configuration"

Follow the instructions and please let me know if the problem persists once its completed.

Will that affect anything that she has done over the last few days? Will she lose any work or saved emails? I forgot to mention that I am the only one that is now unable to receive her emails from her laptop. Everyone else still receives emails from her laptop just fine.

Hi There,

No, she will not loose any personal data.

Feel free to ask if you need more info

It will be several hours until this can be tried. I will continue to work with you until we get this resolved and you get paid.
No problem, though I am nearly off now (its midnight here) but will look at it first thing in the morning.

First, she has Vista, not XP that I thought.

Did as you suggested, but no instructions/menu came up for going back to a time when the problem didn't exist. Tried twice, but laptop just did a normal boot up.

No joy yet.

ok, can you please go to outlook on the computer recieving the emails and make sure that the below is checked under the properties of the mail account (tools, email account, click on your email account and click change)

graphic

We want to ensure "Leave a copy of message on server" is checked please

Completed this suggestion, but it didn't help.

ok, are you able to recreate your email account on the laptop please.

If you need detailed instructions on how to do this please let me know.