My synchronization with MS Outlook stopped working today. I…

Customer Question
My Blackberry synchronization with MS...
My Blackberry synchronization with MS Outlook stopped working today. I have added appointments to the device and also in Outlook and it doesn't update either place. I did add synchronization of notes to the configuration and that does work successfully.... Read full answer
My Blackberry synchronization with MS Outlook stopped working today. I have added appointments to the device and also in Outlook and it doesn't update either place. I did add synchronization of notes to the configuration and that does work successfully.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
6/3/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Open your BB Desktop Manager, go into configuration, then synchronization.

Reset Synchronization and then reconfigure synchronization

Select Outlook for your calander, click next, then make sure two way sync is selected.

Click next and then you have a option of selecting all scheduled items, future items, or you can select a date range.

Do the same for task and if you want contacts. Then re-sync your phone with desktop manager.

I already did this and it doesn't accept any changes (additions/deletions) to either the HH or Outlook.

ok,

Do you have the latest desktop manager installed on your pc ver. 5.0?

Also what model blackberry do you have?

I have desktop ver 5.0.1 and a Blackberry 8330. Please note that nothing changed in set up. No new patches were applied to the computer or handheld.

Have you done a reboot of the phone by pulling the battery out and letting the phone restarting.

After that is done reset the sync and reconfigure.

I pulled the battery then reset the sync and reconfigured. It didn't change.
Are you receiving any errors when the sync is complete or is it finishing successfully?
I deleted the desktop software and then downloaded and reinstalled. When it runs and checks, it completes sucessfully with a beep -- I don't get the screen with what the differences are between the 2 calendars.

hmmm...strange who is your cell phone provider? Have you been prompted for any updates on your phone?

Cell provider is Verizon. I have not had updates to this also. I will be leaving work shortly and not replying back until tomorow.

Ok, this one is almost over my head, here is a solution you can try. I do this with my blackberry to sync.

You can create a gmail account, once you have done that you can download two programs. One will be on the computer you access your outlook and the other will be on your blackberry.

First you will download Google Calander Sync this program will sync your calendar and contacts from your Outlook to Google. You have the option to only sync calendar, contacts or both.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=98563

Next you will download google sync on your blackberry. This will sync your blackberry with Google. With these two programs you will have a 2-way sync, if you make a update on your BB it will show on your Outlook and Vice Versa.

On your BB open web browser clear the address bar and type in:

m.google.com

Download the "Sync" program

This eliminates Desktop Manger from syncing for calendar and contacts and this keeps everything up to date.

Once you have Google Sync on your BB you can go through options and select what you want to sync and how much you want to sync. This is great program and I use it and never have to plug into desktop manager

.

Verizon fixed the problem on by BB last evening. I am able to sucessfully sync with Outlook now.
Ok, great...maybe down the line you might want to try out the google sync. It's really good and eliminates you having to sync with Desktop Manager it automatically syncs for you.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
i have a non-android blackberry curve 8320. i want to put
i have a non-android blackberry curve 8320. i want to put my calender from outlook 2010 on my phone. how do i do this.… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
I am trying to sync my blackberry curve w/ the outlook calendar,
I am trying to sync my blackberry curve w/ the outlook calendar, contacts. It has worked before today. I received error message said that Blackbery desktop software had "stopped working". I turned off… read more
authentech
authentech
I clicked on a link in an email (from a trusted source) to
I clicked on a link in an email (from a trusted source) to add an appointment to my Outlook 2003 calendar. After it was added, most of my appointments, holidays, etc. do not appear. I synchronized wit… read more
APARAJITA
APARAJITA
IT Consultant / Advocate Delhi Court,
Micrsoft Certified Professional
Stop searching for answers—
I get this error when I try to open Microsoft Outlook Cannot
I get this error when I try to open Microsoft Outlook: "Cannot startMicrosoft . Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. unsupported folder class. (IPF.Contact)" Any help w… read more
Wiz of All
Wiz of All
How do I synchronize our Hotmail calendar with the BlackBerry
How do I synchronize our Hotmail calendar with the BlackBerry Torch 9800 recently purchased? It is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! Jerry… read more
R.J. Poirier
R.J. Poirier
Information Systems Specialist,
How do I sync my new Blackberry with Outlook...it syncs old
How do I sync my new Blackberry with Outlook...it syncs old data (prior to new phone) but does not sync with recently added data...… read more
AAS Information Technology
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I used microsoft outlook to schedule appts with clients. After
I used microsoft outlook to schedule appts with clients. After the meeting I then open the outlook calendar and leave notes about the appt. The outlook calendar syncs to my iphone witch i love. Howeve… read more
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer
Master in Computer
DOES GOOGLE HAVE SOFTWARE TO SYNC MY BLACKBERRY TOUR TO MY
DOES GOOGLE HAVE SOFTWARE TO SYNC MY BLACKBERRY TOUR TO MY PC AND LAPTOP WITH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK… read more
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer
Master in Computer
Trying to sync my Blackberrt 9550 to MS Outlook, I get the
Trying to sync my Blackberrt 9550 to MS Outlook, I get the following error message. No Available Message Stores Runnibg MA-XP and MS Office Outlook 2010 beta. What am I doing wrong?? Sandy… read more
Linda Cintron
Linda Cintron
Want to be able to sync my MS outlook calendar, contacts, etc.
Want to be able to sync my MS outlook calendar, contacts, etc. on my Blackberry Storm2 without setting MS OUtlook as my default mail client (because I use AOL)… read more
Nalosin
Nalosin
Computer Support Specialist,
I sync Outlook with my Blackberry. For some reason, yesterday
I sync Outlook with my Blackberry. For some reason, yesterday after syncing, my calendar after February is blank. Birthdays, holidays, events, are all gone.… read more
Diana
Diana
Owner,
I am trying to transfer my Outlook contacts list to my phone
I am trying to transfer my Outlook contacts list to my phone (Blackberry ) and then on to an in car system. The system will not accept hyphens between the two sets of four numbers which is the default… read more
J. Mar
J. Mar
IT Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought a new Blackberry, and while setting it up, I
I just bought a new Blackberry, and while setting it up, I accidentally wiped the data on my desktop Microsoft Outlook (address book, email, calendar, etc.) My new Blackberry is working properly and i… read more
John P
John P
I install "Google Sync" app in my "BlackBerry Tour 9630
I install "Google Sync" app in my "BlackBerry Tour 9630", follow all the instructions on how to sync and I am not able to sync my BB Calendar with my Google Calendar. How could I solve this issue?.… read more
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Master of Philosophy
I am unable to sync my contacts from my Outlook Express to
I am unable to sync my contacts from my Outlook Express to my Blackberry Storm. I have downloaded the desktop manager that came with the phone, but to no avail....HELP! Beckye Taylor… read more
Patrick A
Patrick A
2 1/2 Years
I have outlook on my desktop and have a new blackberry curve
I have outlook on my desktop and have a new blackberry curve (8330 and it's my first blackberry); how do I downloan my Outlook contacts, etc onto my blackberry? Thank you… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Michael, Thanks for your response. When I clicked on the
Michael, Thanks for your response. When I clicked on the link it took me to an AT&T site. I have Sprint. Also, is this software not included in the normal packet when you purchase a new BB? I just did… read more
Michael Ritter
Michael Ritter
pursuing degree
I have to prefice this with the fact that I was recently laid
I have to prefice this with the fact that I was recently laid off. What that means is I have a Black Berry Storm which is not sync'd to my desktop but it needs to be. I have been messing with it for d… read more
Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Desktop Support Technician,