I am tryng to locate the Category Detail Report and the Category…

Customer Question
I am tryng to locate...
I am tryng to locate the Category Detail Report and the Category Summary Report in my Quicken 2008 reports menu. I can't find it. Please advise where to locate these reports. Thank you... Read full answer
I am tryng to locate the Category Detail Report and the Category Summary Report in my Quicken 2008 reports menu. I can't find it. Please advise where to locate these reports. Thank you
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
5/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you for using justanswer.com
I am here to assist you regarding your problem

1. Step 1

Access the Reports & Graphs Center. Click on “Go to Reports & Graphs Center” located on the “Reports” menu toolbar at the top of the screen.

2. Step 2

Select the report needed. Quicken has a list of standard reports to choose from: Banking, Spending, Comparison, Investing, Tax, Net Worth & Balances, Business, and "EasyAnswer." Click on the arrow next to one of these to access the list of reports for this specific category and choose the one you'd like to use. For instance, you can make Income and Expense Comparison Reports, Capital Gains Reports, Cash Flow Reports, Missing Checks Reports and several others.

3. Step 3

Fill in the dates of your report. Choose the date you need to access for your report. You can click on one of the date ranges from the drop-down arrow or select “Custom Date” found at the bottom of the list to create your own “To” and “From” dates.

4. Step 4

Tweak the report settings to your needs. Click on “Customize” to alter the report. A window will open with numerous tabs and options (they may differ slightly depending on the category you selected, but will be essentially the same). The tabs include: Display, Accounts, Categories, Payees, Tags, Category Groups, Advanced, Securities, Actions, Security Types and Investing Goals. Select a tab and make any modifications you want. Do this for each tab included. It is very important to go through each tab available to create the most accurate report.

5. Step 5

View your report. Once you have finished making all your customizations, click on the “Show Report” button to view it.

6. Step 6

Save or print your report. Click on the “Save Report” icon on the top of the report to save it, or print it by choosing the “Print” icon.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Quicken Essentials....Category Summary prints data from
Quicken Essentials....Category Summary prints data from previous year only … read more
David L
David L
Hi....this is Cindy XXXX.....I have been using Quicken for
Hi....this is Cindy XXXX.....I have been using Quicken for Small Business for a very, very long time. My problem is I can put new information that is saved under certain sections but when you do a tax… read more
When I generate a P & L statement from my new Quicken, I get
When I generate a P & L statement from my new Quicken, I get only Business group expenses. I have chosen all groups in the Option for the report, but still get only Business group categories.… read more
TechExpert
TechExpert
Stop searching for answers—
I am trying to find out how to print the same kind of Intemized
I am trying to find out how to print the same kind of Intemized Catergories report that I have printed in past years with my quicken program. This new version will not give me the same option. Please … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I have quicken 2008. The catagory is not working properly.
I have quicken 2008. The catagory is not working properly. I do not get the full listing so I can make a selection. HELP11… read more
Ed
Ed
Repair Shop Owner,
I am converting Money 2007 to Quicken Deluxe 2006. Ive done
I am converting Money 2007 to Quicken Deluxe 2006. I've done the conversion of the Money files, and Have the Data Converter open. Quicken is closed. Money is closed. When I click on Import into Quicke… read more
Peter
Peter
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have not accessed Quicken since November (I think) and unable
I have not accessed Quicken since November (I think) and unable to recall my access code. (Blame it on my 84 years.) What do I do now? I hope that this is the right place for the answer to the problem… read more
Computer Science Engineer,
I moved house and my husband disconnected my computer and reconnected
I moved house and my husband disconnected my computer and reconnected it...now I can't open my Quicken. The message says the side-by-side configuration is incorrect-I have no idea what that means or h… read more
AAS Information Technology
Im using Quicken Deluxe 2010. Im trying to get a report
I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2010. I'm trying to get a report showing the details of specific categories for tax purposes. I get to the reports screen with the button that says EXPAND ALL CATEGORIES and n… read more
Smile
Smile
I want to copy my data from quicken 2008 and use the data on
I want to copy my data from quicken 2008 and use the data on my quicken 2010 on a different computer. I have backed up the 2008 files. Where do I find them, and how can I burn them onto a disk to make… read more
IT Support/Administrator,
My quicken 2008 will not print reports on my HP C6150 printer
My quicken 2008 will not print reports on my HP C6150 printer and windows 7. since the printer works with all other programs it seems to be a quicken issue. If I upgrade to quicken 2010 wil it work? I… read more
Scott
Scott
I upgraded computers and have installed 2008 Quicken Deluxe
I upgraded computers and have installed 2008 Quicken Deluxe to the new HP computer with Windows 7 operating system. Quicken works fine but I have not been able to print checks or any of the reports et… read more
Jared Tarbox
Jared Tarbox
Remote IT Specialist ,
Stop searching for answers—
I an treasurer for a non-prift making organisation turning
I an treasurer for a non-prift making organisation turning over < £100k per year, with probably around 1000 transaction per annum. I have a data problem. I have entered some journals which are corr… read more
Support Technician,
I am using Quicken 2008 using Windows XP3. I have backed it
I am using Quicken 2008 using Windows XP3. I have backed it up to a flash drive. When I had trouble with Quicken I restored my data from the flash drive. Now Quicken will only show my data when I leav… read more
Dave K
Dave K
Charter Captain & I.S. Director,
Im a major novice on contractor quickbooks. Im trying to
I'm a major novice on contractor quickbooks. I'm trying to do a report which shows BY ITEM how my expenses compare to my estimate. I have been trying for weeks to run this report correctly, but it giv… read more
Mark Zotman
Mark Zotman
Network Administrator,
Certifications Below
In the last 2 wks for no reasons, I could not print legibel
In the last 2 wks for no reasons, I could not print legibel report from my quicken program that I've been using. They came out in compressed forms. So I decided to reinstall the quicken home& business… read more
Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch
Sr. Network Engineer,
I NEED TO INSTALL QUICKEN IN MY NEW COMPUTER BECAUSE THE OTHER
I NEED TO INSTALL QUICKEN IN MY NEW COMPUTER BECAUSE THE OTHER ONE FAILED. THE 2008 UPGRADE CD WILL NOT ACCEPT THE UNLOCK CODE… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a new computer and cant get on to quicken. I dont
I have a new computer and can't get on to quicken. I don't care if I have my old records. please call XXX-XXX-XXXX… read more
Brad
Brad