hello, I dropped my Laptop and now the screen is black when

Customer Question
I turn it on. it...
hello, I dropped my Laptop and now the screen is black when I turn it on. it works but, the screen is black. the screen comes and goes from time to time. what should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
5/20/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Welcome !

If this answer does not work.I will keep helping you and If i cannot help you,
You will be refunded or referred to other expert

Unplug the power to the pc then take out the battery,

then hold the start button on your laptop for 8-10 seconds.

once thats done, continue with installing the battery again and power lead.. then simply press start on your laptop
Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 7 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

1. Move the laptop's screen back and forth a bit 3-5 times slowly. Do you see any change in the display

2. Right now are you talking to me from the same or a different computer.

Edited by Andy on 5/20/2010 at 12:45 PM EST
i am talking to you from a different computer and when I do that a screen comes up at times but not all the time.
Hi

So do you feel that moving the screen back n forth makes any difference ?

not really. sometimes when the screen doesn come up I can view what I want but, then the slightest movement will shut it off. my question is can it be fixed or do i need to get another comp.
Hi

Yes, its repairable but the we need to see if its worth a repair.

This can happen because of these reasons :
1. Your display (LCD Screen) has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

2. The cable connecting the motherboard and the display has a crack or is loose.

3. The graphics chipset (on motherboard) has issues.

Connect an external monitor to this laptop and if that works fine then issue 3 can be ruled out. And then its worth repairing the laptop at a local repair shop. But if even the external monitor behaves the same way, then its not worth spending more than $100 on it.
Note: After you plug in external monitor, you might need to press Fn + FX (X =1 to 12) keys to toggle to external monitor. FX is one of the Function keys.

This is not a software problem and needs repair/replacement of the malfunctioning part.

If laptop is in warranty contact laptop manufacturer for free repair and dont tell them anything about the accident. Else take a quote from few shops and then get it repaired.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Computer Consultant