Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how do i delete my start search

how do i delete my start search
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Just to clarify, are you looking to remove any specific program from your system?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes the my start search bar.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Where does it come up? Also, does it have a name, i.e. Ask.com, etc?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it just sits up top like google or yahoo info search win dows. i think its incredimail
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..first off, please open Firefox, then navigate to Tools > Options..., and under Main > Startup, set the 'When Firefox starts' option as 'Show a blank page' and apply the settings.

Also, click on the little down arrow button to the left of the search bar; in the popdown menu that comes up, click 'Manage Search Engines', then select 'MyStart' and click 'Remove', and you should be all set.

Keep me posted.

Regards