I am trying to set up a Crystal report with multivalue parameters.

Customer Question
I do not want the...
I am trying to set up a Crystal report with multivalue parameters. I do not want the user to have to enter any values at all and to have the report interpret this as "ALL". I know how to evaluate the parameter to see if it is null, but I don't know how to build the selection formula so that if the parameter is null, then it selects all records (or doesn't evaluate that parameter at all). I cannot find info on this...
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
5/5/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there,

How about using an if statement in you selection formula for this?

I have tried using an if statement. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly in the selection formula. Could you give me an example? Say that my selection criteria are

A = 1

and

B = 2

and

insert if statement here

How would this work so that I could check to see if my parameter input is null and if so, select all vendors, if not only select the one on the list?

Hi there,

I think its best you look at the following link which demonstrates an example of using an if statement in a selection formula

Click Me

It is also a very good location for additional references

I thought you were supposed to give me an answer not tell me to find the answer myself. I don't use basic syntax in crystal. I also already know how to use if statements. What I tried to do is something like this but it doesn't work.

Selection formula:

A=1 and
B=1 and
If not isnull(?prompt) then C = (?prompt)

Can you give me an example crystal formula that will allow me to select all records if a parameter is passed a null? Do I have to write a stored procedure to handle this?

Hi there,

Ok, well what you need to do is conditionally make the select clause in the selection formula.

An example is

If a = null then

d.crystalreportviewer1.SelectionFormula = "{tblname.fieldname}"

else

d.crystalreportviewer1.SelectionFormula = "{tblname.fieldname}=VALUE"

end if

But if you do this repeatidly for a number of reports then it would be easier to use a stored procedure so that you can refer to that in all the reports and pass the nessesary value

Relist: Answer quality.
Tech Support Specialist: Julio, Computer Software Engineer replied 7 years ago
Julio
Julio, Computer Software Engineer

Thanks for visit Justanswer.com
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you solve your problem

On Report - Records - Selection formula use this formula
A=1 and B=1 and iif(isnull(?prompt),true,C=(?prompt))

Thanks
Julio
Julio, Computer Software Engineer
Julio
Julio
Julio, Computer Software Engineer