Had a new hard drive installed in my Dell Latitude D630 by…

Customer Question
Had a new hard drive...
Had a new hard drive installed in my Dell Latitude D630 by our IT folks. Since then, the bluetooth connection does not work. I turn discovery on and I get "An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved: Discoverability settings; Connection Settings... Read full answer
Had a new hard drive installed in my Dell Latitude D630 by our IT folks. Since then, the bluetooth connection does not work. I turn discovery on and I get "An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved: Discoverability settings; Connection Settings
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
4/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for using justanswer.com

I am here to assist you regarding your problem

please try this

To add a device, follow these steps on your computer:

1. Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
  3. In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.

Note You cannot click Next until you click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found box. A device that has discovery turned off cannot be detected during a search.

When you click Next, your computer searches for any discoverable devices that are in range. When the search is complete, the devices appear in the wizard.
  4. Select a device to add, and then click Next.

After you select the device to add, you can enter a passkey for the device. A passkey is a code that is used to control access to a device. Using a passkey may help improve the security of your connection. However, the device that you add may not require a passkey.

When you enter the passkey, your computer tries to connect to the device to verify the passkey. When you connect to another computer, you receive a message that the computers are trying to connect.

for more details please go to this link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259

No that did not work, the bluetooth light is on, I have done this several times. The bluetooth on the computer is not able to detect other discoverable devices, read the original question again. The bluetooth is not working on the computer.

ok

Please try this

go to start->run-> type here msconfig then a small window will open, then go to startup tab and click on the disable all button.

after that restart your system and then check your issue

Thanks

What does that do for the rest of my system? won't that screw up a bunch of other stuff?

no it will not affect the other process of your computer, so after restart try to make the bluetooth connectivity.

Thanks

This did not work, how do I restore my computer, just click normal startup?

Again how do I fix the bluetooth, seems like a software issue.

ok.

please try t download the required bluetooth driver from here

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/Gigabyte/Bluetooth_network.html

Thanks

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Dell Latitude E4300. I want to enable the bluetooth
I have a Dell Latitude E4300. I want to enable the bluetooth feature but have thus far been unsuccessful. A techie friend hauled by computer apart and says I have the card so we downloaded the driver … read more
IT Consultant / Systems Engineer,
My Dell Latitude E5420 wont start up. I turn it on and it
My Dell Latitude E5420 won't start up. I turn it on and it comes up with the Dell icon and everything and then the screen comes up with a message that says "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to rebo… read more
Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens
Computer Specialist,
Ever since I hookerd up my Logitech Bluetooth mouse permanently,
Ever since I hookerd up my Logitech Bluetooth mouse permanently, bypassing the bluetooth function, I cannot add a Bluetooth device. They are discoverable but don't connect. I tried removing the Logite… read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I need to enable BLUETOOTH on my TOSHIBA SATELLITE P750 new
I need to enable BLUETOOTH on my TOSHIBA SATELLITE P750 new in Aug. I think Toshiba have a separate centre for settings. I may have network settings wrong. BLUETOOTH is not enabled. I cannot connect a… read more
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer
Technical Support Manager,
I have a Lenovo T500 that was just upgraded from XP to Vista.
I have a Lenovo T500 that was just upgraded from XP to Vista. My Bluetooth Mouse is no longer working. Fcn F5 doesn't turn my mobile radio on. Help!! I have an important meeting tomorrow with one of t… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Computer Support Specialist,
i have a belkin bluetooth adapter & a t12 wirless speakers
i have a belkin bluetooth adapter & a t12 wirless speakers i am trieing to pair them up had them working but lost the signel cannot get them working can you help me… read more
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer
Technical Support Manager,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi I have an Acer laptop and am trying to set up with my Nokia
Hi I have an Acer laptop and am trying to set up with my Nokia 2720fold camera phone using bluetooth. I manage to get all setting sorted and bluetooth symbol etc but when I click on discoverablity I g… read more
Danh
Danh
I have a nokia 7230 camera/mobile phone that has bluetooth
I have a nokia 7230 camera/mobile phone that has bluetooth and an acer computer 2010 model aspire, how do I get them to talk bluetooth and send and receive, both have bluetooth capabilities karen… read more
Computer Software Engineer,
In Vista Ultimate, I am trying to connect a Bluetooth keyboard.
In Vista Ultimate, I am trying to connect a Bluetooth keyboard. I have navigated Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Bluetooth Radio Properties. Under the tab Options, I have checked Allow Blue… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
I cannot connect bluetooth devices with my laptop it shows
I cannot connect bluetooth devices with my laptop it shows that it cannnot find "discoverability" and "connection" settings. . I have bought a new viao laptop.. and i am using windows vista business..… read more
Networke_Helper
Networke_Helper
I am installng a new hard drive in my Dell Latitude D610 it
I am installng a new hard drive in my Dell Latitude D610 it wants a command What do I enter after F:\>… read more
Renju
Renju
I am getting a read disk error , control-alt-delete to restart
I am getting a "read disk error , control-alt-delete to restart" message.. I do that and computer attempts to reboot but I get same message again? Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?… read more
josh412
josh412
Stop searching for answers—
I have windows 7 Premium. My Motorola headphone S9 is recognized
I have windows 7 Premium. My Motorola headphone S9 is recognized but never connects. Is Bluetooth compatible with 7? Is theri as added driver needed?… read more
Ben M
Ben M
Hi, I have a nearly new Dell Inspiron 1750 (Vista 64 bit Home
Hi, I have a nearly new Dell Inspiron 1750 (Vista 64 bit Home Premium) which is great incidently. Am trying to pair my HP IPAQ PDA (Windows) to the laptop having followed the instruction manual. Have … read more
Shauqat
Shauqat
CCNA
I have upgraded from vista to win7 and I cannot find bluetooth
I have upgraded from vista to win7 and I cannot find bluetooth - I am getting a message that says "USB device not recognised and has malfunctioned. Please advise Dell Inspiron 15 still under warranty… read more
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18
Network Admin,
I turned off my Dell bluetooth keyboard somehow. The bluetooth
I turned off my Dell bluetooth keyboard somehow. The bluetooth devices (Control panel) does not see my keyboard even after I re-loaded the keyboard software and used it to re-connect the keyboard. The… read more
Mark Church
Mark Church
CEO,
i am trying to connect a bluetooth garmin gps receiver to my
i am trying to connect a bluetooth garmin gps receiver to my hp laptop running vista. i go to control panel, double click on bluetooth devices, select bluetooth radio properties and on the option tab … read more
David L
David L
I have an HP LaserJet 1015 MFP. Ive plugged it into a Dell
I have an HP LaserJet 1015 MFP. I've plugged it into a Dell Latitude D630 with XP operating system. I keep getting "Unable to Connect This Hardware" message when trying to do automatically, and the ma… read more
Jonathan T Computer Pro
Jonathan T Computer Pro