I accidentally clicked the spam button while an important mail

Customer Question
was checked. Now I lost...
I accidentally clicked the spam button while an important mail was checked. Now I lost the mail. I need to get that mail back and I do not want to include that address as a spam. Can you help me please?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
4/22/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namstech, Electrical Engineer replied 7 years ago
namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer

Welcome to JA expert services:

When you clicked “Spam,” the message went into your Spam folder. If you have done this in last 24 hours and have not yet emptied the spam folder, you can do the following to recover your email.

1.Open the Spam folder by clicking it in the folder list on the left of the page
2.Click the message that you marked spam by mistake.
3.Click the “Not Spam” button along the top of the window.

Hope you get your email back.

Best of luck
The mail did not go to Spam folder. I have gone through the spam folder. It's not there. What do you think I can do next?

If you remember the subject or senders name that appeared on the mail, you can try mail search option.

Regards
I did. I tried mail search option. It did not work
Tech Support Specialist: Smile, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 years ago
Smile
Smile, Computer Enthusiast
Greetings,
Thank you for asking us. I will be happy to fix your problem ASAP

If you have already tried the search option, then it will be never possible to recover that mail. Still you can do to that spam setting and unblock that email address so that next time you can get the emails from that sender.

Please press ACCEPT to pay me for my time and work. Your question will still be open for further assistance by the expert.

Positive feedback and Bonus are highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Smile
I do not know how to unblock an address. I have tried to unblock it by going to Option button, then I clicked the spam button. The email address that I accidentally added as spam was not listed. Infact, no email address was listed.
which email accout you are using? please tell me your email address after @ sign.
@yahoo.com
Go to "Options" It is above your email
Click on "Mail Options"
Click on "Blocked Addresses"
Click on the Address you want to remove block
Click on "Remove Block"
This should remove the block and allow it to start coming into your inbox. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your time
Smile

When I clicked on Options, the following menu showed up:

colors

Show

--------------------

More Options...

Add Application

-------------------

Mail Plus

Mail Classic

There is no such thing as Blocked Addresses

Go to more optons. and check there.

I did. It's not there. Do you have the same screen as I have?

Here is the screen shots for that.
  1. Click the Options menu, then select More Options.

Select More Options from the Options menu.

2. In the Mail Options page, click the Spam option on the left side of the page.

Select the Spam option.

Or you can try here.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/abuse/abuse-09.html;_ylt=ApTSfPMOZtKVAidczT3PFx15zyN4

Good Luck

Thanks for your time
Smile
It did not work. Thanks for your help.
What problem you are facing now?
I have to go to work. Talk to you in the evening
ok.
Thanks

Thanks for your time
Smile

Thanks for all your help, Smile.

If the problem not solved let me know. so that we can proceed further.
Thanks

The problem has not been solved yet, Smile. It looks to me that when a mail is highlighted and the SPAM button is clicked, the mail goes into immediate oblivion. No track. And the email address from where the mail is originated is not logged by Yahoo in the Spam list.

That it means is that clicking the SPAM button on any email is a one-way ticket: the email where the source originated will never be able to send you emails anymore. So far, we have not been able to figure a way to give a return ticket to this process. Any idea yet?

I want you to take help from any technical friend of yours on this with my solution.

That should help you.

Thanks
I'm not sure this solves my problem. Is it fair for you to be paid while my problem has not been solved. You've pushed the problem back to me and you want to be paid. Huh??
I am running out of more ideas, I opt out so that other expert can help you.
Thanks
Tech Support Specialist: Ryan B., Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Since the email address that that particular email came from isn't in the block senders list I really don't think that all future emails from that email address will be blocked or just disappear into oblivion. Unfortunately that email if it was permanently deleted though isn't recoverable without contacting yahoo support. If that was an important email though i'm guessing you know who the sender is. What you can do is contact the sender and have them re-send/re-forward the email back to you and it should come back into your inbox again where you can read it. If by chance it does go into your spam folder now though because it was marked as spam then you should now be able to select the email and click on "not spam". This seems like the only possible solution at this point.

Thanks,
Ryan B.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX email came from a government organization so it can't be resent. To find a solution to the problem, I carried out an additional experiment. I have two email addresses: yahoo and netzero. I sent an email from the netzero to yahoo. The email came through. In the yahoo inbox, I marked the netzero email as spam. I did this deliberately. The email disappeared. I checked it in the spam folder. It was not there. I went to the Option -> More Options... -> Spam menu path. I did not see my netzero address (or any other address that I had marked as spam including the email from the US govt) in the list of blocked emails.

I have sent several emails from my netzero account to the yahoo account. None of them ever made it again. I had even included the netzero email address into my yahoo contacts. Yet, no email from netzero ever shows up in yahoo: (Inbox or Spam folder). Like I said, yahoo seems to delete the emails into oblivion.

Seems to me that Yahoo has a bug in spam management. You can independently carry out a similar experiment like the one I have just done. Marking an email as spam seems to issue a one way ticket to Planet Oblivion. The system will not let you change your mind. What do you think?

Thank you for the quick reply. Their seems to be a bug with your account. I did go into my yahoo account and took a spam message that made it past the filter into my inbox and I selected it and marked it as spam and it went straight to the spam filter and didn't delete permanently. I think in this case you will need to contact yahoo customer care directly from the link below explaining the issue so they can get your account looked at.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/help_f.html;_ylt=AraDMpyzR7KbDk0ppw0KV5U8wCV4?from_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhelp.yahoo.com%2Fl%2Fus%2Fyahoo%2Fmail%2Fclassic%2F&last_url=http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/index.html
Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist