Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Acer Empowering Technology Framework Launcher has stopped workind Acer

Customer Question

Acer Empowering Technology Framework Launcher has stopped workind
Acer Aspire 5710
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 years ago.

you can run system restore which will bring the computer back to an earlier time lets say few days back with the help of selecting the date in the calender in the system restore tool.

To go into system restore tool click on start select accessories and the system tools and then system restore.

Select restore my computer to an earlier time and click the date in the calender box once highlighted hit next and wait till the process completes once completed it will restart the system automatically and will give you a message your computer was restored successfully in case it says not restored then you can select another Bold date i mean a previous date to retry again.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

System restore not responding tried restore, backup tp restore point in 2007 system shuts down then restarts but still getting message Acer Empowering Technology Framework has stopped working and still no Internet connection, My antivirus programme is trying to connect to internet but cannot connect, something seems to be shutting off my Firewall.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 years ago.

Please perform the below steps:

Go to start...control panel...add\remove programs.

There select the acer empowering technology framework software option and remove it.

You can download the latest version from the below link:

Acer Empowering Technology

Please download the acer empowering technology framework and install it.

Then do check and let us know in case the problem still persists so that we can help you further on this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I downloade updates for Antivirus transferred to stick and installed on Acer, and then downloaded the file using my desktop, removed the file off the Acer 5710 and transferred the file to Acer with a memory stick and unzipped & installed it, shut down & restarted The same error message is still coming up, and the Acer Empowering technology screen shortcut is now shorter than before with some icons missing. I think I will get on to Acer Support and see if I can get a Recovery disk. Thank you very much for your time & help.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 years ago.

If you want to run a system recover that will bring back the computer as it was the first day and you will loose all personal data. you can backup you data and then run the factory restore.

The first thing to try will be to try and restore the system to factory defaults using the following steps:

A Connect the charger to the system
B Start it and when you see the Acer logo, press

Alt + F10 (press and hold the Alt key, repeatedly tap F10)

It should start the Acer eRecovery process.

There will be 4 options:
1. Restore system to factory default
2. Restore system from user backup
3. Restore system from cd/dvd
4. Exit

Select the 1st one

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

update completed

Every time I tried before it was just taking me around in circles which made me think that thre wasn't a recovery partition on this machine only that there should have been discs made on first start up.

Once again

many thanks

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your feedback and in case of any furher help needed please feel free to ask on just answer.