When I try to send an e-mail, instead of the message going…

Customer Question
When I try to send...
When I try to send an e-mail, instead of the message going into my "[email protected] outbox" to go out, the message ends up in the "Personal Folders" outbox. Even when I open up the e-mail that is now in the "Personal Folders" outbox to try and get it released, the e-mail does not move. bottom-line is that I'm... Read full answer
When I try to send an e-mail, instead of the message going into my "[email protected] outbox" to go out, the message ends up in the "Personal Folders" outbox. Even when I open up the e-mail that is now in the "Personal Folders" outbox to try and get it released, the e-mail does not move. bottom-line is that I'm not able to send any e-mails. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
3/24/2010
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 9 years ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

First, please provide more details so that I can better assist you.

Are you using Outlook or another email program?
I am using Outlook. This is linked with my MSN Hotmail account.I am using Outlook. This is linked with my MSN Hotmail account
Ok then next click the Help menu then About in Outlook and let me know the exact name and version number displayed.
Under "Help", I am not seeing "About". among the items I can click on under "help" are "check for updates", "disabled items", "office diagnostics", and "activate product".

Right now I'm only experiencing this problem with new messages that I've created, not e-mails where I've replied or forwarded the message.

When Outlook first starts, what version number does it display?
My version is Outlook 2007. Please note that I also tried to forward a message and it went into the outobox under "Personal Folders" without sending.
Ok so it may be that the setting for sent items has changed. So next follow the instructions at the link below to change the location where sent items are saved if it is currently configured to save them in Personal Folders.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101642161033.aspx

My e-mails when they go through end up in the sent items under [email protected], not under the Personal Folders.

What I need is for the messages to be sent through the Outbox under [email protected]., not through the Personal Folders where they are getting stuck.

If you want me to still try the 'solution' provided, please let me know. I still believe there is another answer to my problem.

Ok so before you try my last recommendation perform a diagnose and repair following the instructions at the link below and then retest:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/microsoft-office/detect-and-repair-applications-in-microsoft-office-2007/

I ran the program and it accomplished nothing.

Once again, the problem is that most messages I'm sending on Outlook 2007 (using MS 7) end up in the Outobx in my Personal Folders, instead of going out of my Outbox under [email protected].

Please let me know if you feel you can fix the problem, or wish to give up.

I am going to open up this question to other experts that will assist you.

I had already done this before.

What is your last recommendation?

Just what I had mentioned previously which is to follow the instructions at the link below to change the location where sent items are saved if it is currently configured to save them in Personal Folders.

You've accomplished nothing except wasting a lot of my time.

Please either come up with a solution to fix my problem, or I want my $18 back.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I opened this account to ask how to get back my old account
I opened this account to ask how to get back my old account [[email protected]] and with a new e-mail password XXXXX was able to get into my account, but when I open it up it's in Arabic and when I go … read more
AAS Information Technology
hi my yahoo [email protected] i really forgot my password
hi my yahoo [email protected] i really forgot my password XXXXX ever Ive changed my phone number serveral times as well you show that i have XXX XXX ???? i think it was XXX XXXX or XXX XXXX (XXX) \ I f… read more
Computer Science Engineer,
My wifes gmail account [email protected] She is unable
My wife's gmail account [email protected] She is unable to send any e-mail, so I am sending the problem via my email,[email protected] Her e-mail service is Windows Live email. The following notice keep… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
Stop searching for answers—
My outgoing e-mail is stuck in my outbox and will not send.
My outgoing e-mail is stuck in my outbox and will not send. When I have this morning clicked on the"receive and send" box, it released the e-mails that were stuck overnight. However, I tried the same … read more
IT Consultant,
I WAS TOLD TO CONTACT (www.remote.dell.com) FOR HELP ON MY
I WAS TOLD TO CONTACT (www.remote.dell.com) FOR HELP ON MY DESK TOP INSPIRON 530..SERVICE TAG #7Q9Z7F1...problem OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR #0x800420c8. MY EMAIL IS SENDING TWO OR THREE SAME EMAILS TO RECE… read more
Brad
Brad
Your Tech Expert did provide me with an answer, and I have
Your Tech Expert did provide me with an answer, and I have paid $16 for it, however, I am not sure that it is a valid suggestion. I had an outgoing e-mail stuck in my Outbox for more than 24 hours I t… read more
Shauqat
Shauqat
CCNA
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I cannot unsubscribe from a Yahoo group I just joined. I
I cannot 'unsubscribe' from a Yahoo group I just joined. I [email protected] a few days ago, wishing to get web access (to posts) only. Since that time I have been flooded by over 100 unwanted e-ma… read more
Chris N
Chris N
Very Serious Virus I was working on my computer yesterday
Very Serious Virus I was working on my computer yesterday moving from AOL to spread sheets etc when my computer did it's own thing (went berserk). I shut it down. Today I am getting e-mails from perso… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Need Help! Away from office. Using laptop. Before leaving,
Need Help! Away from office. Using laptop. Before leaving, my office computer could receive e-mail but could not send e-mail. Using laptop away from office, I can still receive e-mail but not send. Er… read more
IT Manager,
Our church location is at 4010 Palos Verdes Drive North, Palos
Our church location is at 4010 Palos Verdes Drive North, Palos Verdes Estates, CA. 90274 we are incorporated in Palos Verdes Estates but there is another 4010 Palos Verdes Drive North at Palos Verdes … read more
Mike6708
Mike6708
Enrolled in associates degree
I have had Time Warner cable, Internet and phone for years.
I have had Time Warner cable, Internet and phone for years. Today, my email quit working. In the past, I have had problems and an error message with what the error tells tells me, is an account waitin… read more
I recently installed Windows 7, and apparently in so doing,
I recently installed Windows 7, and apparently in so doing, I ended up with TWO (2) Outlook "Personal Folders" This in turn complicates use of "Active Sync" since whwn synching is syncs with the wrong… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Stop searching for answers—
I imported everything from Outlook and the unsent mail was
I imported everything from Outlook and the unsent mail was stored in "personal folders/outbox". How do I send them or move them to the "local folders/outbox" for sending?… read more
George Sarlas
George Sarlas
How can I reply to an e-mail on G-mail without sending the
How can I reply to an e-mail on G-mail without sending the whole string of e-mails? Sometimes I forward an e-mail with a comment to someone and then reply to the person who sent it to me. I don't like… read more
Support Technician,
I came from CA two months ago with an att address, I have
I came from CA two months ago with an att address, I have changed to Yahoo with time warner as my internet provider. I have tried and tried and tried to get HELP from the server, yahoo.com, in every w… read more
Todd G
Todd G
For the last couple of days I cannot send any e-mails. I keep
For the last couple of days I cannot send any e-mails. I keep getting the message that I have exceeded my sending limit, but I have not. I erased all past spam and "sent mail" messages. I am only usin… read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I aqccidentally muted an E-Mail. I would like to retrieve
I aqccidentally "muted" an E-Mail. I would like to retrieve this E-Mail. However when I have looked under "Help" I do not get an anwer as to how I locate a "muted" E-Mail. Please let me know. I hope t… read more
Support Technician,
When I send e-mail it vanishes with the message but the ...
When I send e-mail it vanishes with the message but the "letter and message sending e-mail sign do not move". Also, the folder for sent e-mail always shows that there is nothing in the folder. How can… read more
Peter
Peter
CEO,