Boardman Management Group manages the Baderman Island resort.

Customer Question
They are considering whether to...
Boardman Management Group manages the Baderman Island resort. They are considering whether to upgrade the word processing software currently in use at the resort or to purchase a new word processing software application. Boardman plans to hire Smith Systems Consulting to help them analyze their options and to prepare an implementation plan.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
3/23/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist replied 7 years ago
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Customer do you have a question that you need help answering? My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help you with any questions you have, are you wondering what the pro's and cons are of using a familiar word processing application and getting a new one?
At this point, Baderman does not have a vendor, a budget or a schedule. They don't even know what word processing software to deploy yet. Next week, you will submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) to potential vendors, but for now it is important to gather information needed to prepare the RFP. That's where Smith Systems Consulting comes in. They are a consultant not a vendor. This paper should address what Smith Systems should do to provide Baderman with the information they need to produce an RFP as well as assist Baderman throughout the project.
You will need to consider the following points while getting the RFP together. Does Baderman want to go with a free word processor like open office which is not as powerful as some word processors out there, and does he want to take the time and money to pay someone to tech his employees how to use the new word processor. Most employers out there require at least the knowledge to use Microsoft word processor as well as its brothers and sisters like Excel, and Database. He will also want to weigh the differences in pricing of using a free word processor and paying for training and purchasing a known processor and making that a qualification. You will need to decide what sort of hourly price or salary you will want to train his employees on this new system. Basing the RFP around these issues should be enough to win the bid. Another thought would be offering further tech help when needed after the job is done for a certain period of time.
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist

Boardman Management Group (BMG) manages the Baderman Island resort. They are considering whether to upgrade the word processing software currently in use at the resort or to purchase a new word processing software application. Boardman plans to hire Smith Systems Consulting to help them analyze their options and to prepare an implementation plan.

Submit a 3-4 page plan for how Boardman Management Group should utilize Smith Systems Consulting as an outside consultant for this project. Include a discussion of why the specific elements of your plan are important, how they will achieve the results you intend and why they were chosen over alternative methods.

More about the assignment:

At this point, Baderman does not have a vendor, a budget or a schedule. They don't even know what word processing software to deploy yet. Next week, you will submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) to potential vendors, but for now it is important to gather information needed to prepare the RFP. That's where Smith Systems Consulting comes in. They are a consultant not a vendor. This paper should address what Smith Systems should do to provide Baderman with the information they need to produce an RFP as well as assist Baderman throughout the project. Please review the rubric for this assignment that is posted in the Course Material section for a list of the key elements that should be discussed in this paper. Look at the Virtual Organization sites to get more specifics about Boardman, Baderman and Smith. You can make assumptions if the information you desire is not provided.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist