Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

Couldnt open pdf files attached to aol mail. Aol says adobe

Couldn't open pdf files attached to aol mail. Aol says adobe reader 7.1.0 corrupted and suggested delete and reinstall. Deleted. Can't get reader to download.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Please click here to download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it and remove Adobe Reader and all other Adobe software. Then click here to install the latest Adobe Reader software.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Don't I also need adobe flash player to make it work?
Sorry about that, PDF files do not require Flash, but many videos require, and it will ask you to install. However, you can just click here to install Adobe Flash right now also.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Revo uninstaller won't download. Tried some other options and nothing seems to download
Can you download Revo Uninstaller from another computer, then copy over?

If you still cannot download Revo Uninstaller, then download this software and try:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj5ntjdim4m

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mediafire won't download either
So you cannot download anything from your computer? Please try Firefox browser to download. If it still does not work, download from another computer and copy over.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Firefox won't download NOTHING DOWNLOADS. How do I download from another computer and copy over? How will this work if firefox etc won't download?
Try this first: open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools->Internet Options. Then click on Delete and check all to delete. Then from the Internet Options again:
  1. Click the Advanced tab.
  2. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  3. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  4. Start Internet Explorer again.Now try downloading.
If there is still issue, what error do you get when downloading?

If that sill does not work, Just go to another computer, then download and save the Firefox file. Then copy it to a USB flash drive (or burn to a CD ROM).
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Now I can't get into internet explorer to get to tools-options. Tried to download IE 8 and won't download. What's happening?
Please go to Start->Control Panel->Internet Options, then follow the previous steps.

If you still cannot download IE 8, then go to Start->Control Panel->Windows Update and search for Windows update, then look through all the list and select Internet Explorer to install.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Got ie8 installed. Email now opens attached doc files but not pdf. adobe reader is installed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all I need now is to be able to open the pdf files that come in on aolmail. You folks hve helped more than anyone else. please help me on the final step.
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.
Download and run this version:

http://tinyurl.com/yhraqmc

Let me know theoutcome....
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Didn't work. I can open doc files etc, but not pdf
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Ok, right click on the pdf and choose open with, then navigate to where you installed the reader and chosse it and see if they open.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
didn't work. tried moving file to documents to open and that didn't work either.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
rechecked entire system. adobe reader not in list of programs in control panel - somehow got lost. reader downloads as a file. how do I get it into control panel as a program?
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
The protable one doesn't install so there is less chance of a screw up....
After you download it, just run it and then you can make a shortcut to it if need be.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
protable one?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I figured it out, and it worked! You guys are the best. Nobody else could do it! You and Viet deserve a big bonus for having the patience to deal with this one

Customer/p>
Expert:  Molinari replied 7 years ago.
Glad to hear it!