snow2019
snow2019, Consultant
Experience:  9 years hands on research, architecture, programming experience in computer science and engineering.
30768278

Hi My printer and my computer are not talking to each other.

Hi
My printer and my computer are not talking to each other. I reinstalled the printer but yet when I click on print preview I see what I want to print. But nothing comes out. Some times I get the message that the printer is not on line. Everything is connected.
I know I am doing something wrong but what?
Thanks
Hanna
Category: Computer
Expert:  snow2019 replied 7 years ago.
hello,
let's try to restart the printer spooler service.
1.Click "start button"-->"Run",Type "services.msc" and click OK.
2.Find the "Printer Spooler service" in the windows, click to stop it and then click it again to start it. also set it as :"startup type : Automatic".
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks I will try it I just don't know what is printer spooler service
Expert:  snow2019 replied 7 years ago.
hello,
it is the windows service to control the printer working. if it is stopped, you cannot do any printing job even you have printer driver installed and functioning.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did all you asked me but still nothing is working. sometimes I get a message that the printer is off line. I don't understand why.

I don't want to bother you any longer so if you can just answer this question I will accept the answer.

Expert:  snow2019 replied 7 years ago.
hello,
trouble shooting sometimes can take long, well, you may try to download the latest driver and install it to see what happens. we are now assuming that there is no hardward problem of the printer, otherwise, all these efforts should not work. thanks and good luck.