after I awoke my computer this morning i found that I had no…

Customer Question
after I awoke my computer...
after I awoke my computer this morning i found that I had no video. I rebooted-nothing. The computer goes through its bootup and starts win7 (i hear it). I can even shut it down with my keyboard. I tried another good monitor-no luck.Ihave a dvi out of a8600gts card.I moved it to the motherboard dvi slot(asus M3N78-VM)-no luck. I moved it to the... Read full answer
after I awoke my computer this morning i found that I had no video. I rebooted-nothing. The computer goes through its bootup and starts win7 (i hear it). I can even shut it down with my keyboard. I tried another good monitor-no luck.Ihave a dvi out of a8600gts card.I moved it to the motherboard dvi slot(asus M3N78-VM)-no luck. I moved it to the motherboard VGA connection- no luck. I tried everything that I know ,Any ideas

Customer
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
2/17/2010
Tech Support Specialist: online_help, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
online_help
online_help, Computer Support Specialist
hi,

Thanks for asking question on Just Answer
i'll be happy to help you.
irst, check if the monitor plugged in to a power outlet and is connected to the computer securely. Some monitors won't function even if the connection is slightly loose. If the monitor is connected correctly, make sure that the power button is on. If the power light is not glowing, the outlet may not be providing power to the monitor or the monitor may have a dead power supply.

If the power light is on and nothing comes up on the screen when you start your computer, it is possible you have a bad video card. Test the monitor on another computer to see if the display works with another video card. If it does, try starting up your computer in safe mode by holding down the F8 key as the computer boots up. This should solve any screen resolution or color setting conflicts that may prevent your monitor from displaying an image.

If the monitor is still blank when you start up in safe mode, you should open your computer (after unplugging it) and check to make sure your video card is seeded properly in the motherboard. If the video card is properly connected and the display still does not work, you will probably have to replace the video card in your computer. While high-end video cards can cost $500 or more, you can get a decent video card for about $100. Check you computer's manual to see if your computer uses a PCI or AGP video card before buying a new one.

If the monitor didn't work even when you connected it up to another machine, the monitor has probably gone bad. Check the cable to make sure it is not broken or frayed anywhere. Then make sure the pins on the connector aren't broken or bent either, as even one bad pin can cause the video connection to fail. If you have a CRT monitor, do not attempt to open the monitor, as it may store an electric charge powerful enough to electrocute you. Even if you have a flat-screen display, do not attempt to repair it yourself, as it does not have any user-serviceable parts. Instead, take the monitor in to your local computer repair shop and have them repair or replace it for you.

also try below link.
http://www.infohq.com/Computer/help/computer-screen-blank.shtml

Hope it will help you
Good Luck!

-------------------------
if my answer help you then ACCEPT(the only way i got paid) and if not then ask or repost instead of giving negative feedback.Show your kindness by giving Positive Feedback and Bonus.
online_help
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an older computer, running Windows 7. The computer
Hello, i have an older computer, running Windows 7. … read more
David L
David L
I had an IOGear GCS22U, but my office flooded and ruined it.
I had an IOGear GCS22U, but my office flooded and ruined it. So I bought another GCS22U. I have two monitors. One of them is connected directly to my Windows 7 monitor. It works fine. The other monito… read more
Micky
Micky
Lead Systems Administrator,
Just got my Asus Z87-K MB and I get no monitor output Seems
HI Brad I'm Brian just got my Asus Z87-K MB and I get no monitor output Seems like a common problem.… read more
yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair
Stop searching for answers—
I have a m4-785-m motherboard that is suppose to support dual
I have a m4-785-m motherboard that is suppose to support dual monitor. when I go into the catalyst it says ddc (single) but show 2 monitors. When I follow the instruction it will not activate the seco… read more
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer
Technical Support Manager,
I have a Trendsonic PC, With AsRock G31M-GS mother board. When
I have a Trendsonic PC, With AsRock G31M-GS mother board. When switched on you can hear the fan etc, but screen remains blank. When I press - or+ button on the monitor it dispays the message:- In powe… read more
david
david
Within a few months of installing ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 motherboard,
Within a few months of installing ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 motherboard, I had to change it out because one of the video slots continuously caused one of my two screens to flicker and then ultimately shu… read more
The A+ PCTech
The A+ PCTech
Ticket To Work Program,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am typing this all from my backup laptop as my main system
System specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit w/ SP1 AMD FX-8150 FX CPU dual HIS Radeon HD7970 3GB's ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX MOBO G.Skill Sniper 16GB RAM @ 1866 CoolerMaster 1200W ATX PSU Co… read more
DrKlahn
DrKlahn
Principal Systems Engineer,
Does anyone know how to hook up dual monitors (both with VGA
Does anyone know how to hook up dual monitors (both with VGA cables) to an hp pavilion p6531p… read more
Tech Support
Tech Support
Technical Services Consultant,
Hi, I have a samsung SyncMaster XL2370 and have just bought
Hi, I have a samsung SyncMaster XL2370 and have just bought a new Desktop PC (custom built). I have never turned on the PC until today and am trying to connect it to my monitor so i can start to use t… read more
Jess
Jess
I moved a computer from one location to another. I had used
I moved a computer from one location to another. I had used the DVI input to the monitor but in the new location I am using the VGA cable. I do not have an image going to the monitor.… read more
IT Manager,
I have a dell 1707FP monitor that is connected via VGA to my
I have a dell 1707FP monitor that is connected via VGA to my computer. I would like to use the DVI input to connect to my laptop. My laptop has a VGA input, but I purchased an adapter to convert the D… read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
close Sign up to submit your question hello, i please need
close Sign up to submit your question "hello, i please need some help . i have a mitsubishi 3d ready 73 and the nvidia vison kit is working good so far but i cant connect my ps3 through my vga box.???… read more
Smile
Smile
Stop searching for answers—
how do i get my dvi-d port to work vga works fine, but i
how do i get my dvi-d port to work? vga works fine, but i need to run dual moniors. I bought a dvi-d>vga adapter to run my second monitor, but nothing. please help!… read more
AndrewR
AndrewR
I have just installed a GT 220 XFX video card. The VGA port
I have just installed a GT 220 XFX video card. The VGA port is attached to the SECOND monitor and yet it is the BIOS screen monitor. How do I change that? The number 1 monitor Attached to the DVI port… read more
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Senior Network Engineer,
When I turn on my computor the monitor says that it is going
When I turn on my computor the monitor says that it is going to sleep and that it has no VGA or DVI input signal, we checked the cable, unplugged and replugged in, hit the Esc button, hit the sleep bu… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
My pc appears to start up but display no picture on screen,
My pc appears to start up but display no picture on screen, my monitor is working ok as tested elsewhere ?… read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I have been trying to connect a VGA computer monitor output
I have been trying to connect a VGA computer monitor output to dual screens. I have a W3611 emachine with a VGA output only, so I installed a graphics card MSI Radeon HD4350PCIe 256mb with a DVI port … read more
Austin Atkins
Austin Atkins
Masters student - Physics,
When i start my system i get the following In power ...
When i start my system i get the following: "In power saving mode press any key or mouse. When i do this nothing happens, what could be the problem?… read more
CIO,