Are the following Adobe Products 64 bit software programs InDesign…

Customer Question
Are the following Adobe Products...
Are the following Adobe Products 64 bit software programs:
InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4 and Acrobat 9... Read full answer
InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4 and Acrobat 9
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
2/1/2010
Tech Support Specialist: lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer replied 9 years ago
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer

I should have been more careful with my question ... I know that the programs are compatible.

What I need to know is ... are the programs 64 bit. I won't upgrade my current versions of these programs if they are 32 bit.

I am running Windows 7 and wish to take advantage of the 64 bit software feature.

Yes you mentioned that in your original question.

All the our products are fully comaptible with 64 bit versions of windows 7 and windows vista

That is why i gave you the link.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

You did not answer my question.

I determined the issue of compatibility before I consulted you ... on the Microsoft Compatibility Center.

Are these programs designed as 64 bit programs or are they 32 bit programs?!?

There is a big difference between compatibility and design and I would appreciate knowing the situation.

I don't intend to upgrade until Adobe designs programs that can take advantage of the 64 bit operating system.

Adobe designed the programs for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

I am a software engineer and professional web developer and i have been using the adobe products you have mentioned for the past 2 yrs.

I have also upgraded to windows 7 64 bit from vista 64 bit in the end of November and i have never faced a single problem.

What more information and clarification do you need?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I downloaded the latest Acrobat Reader (automatically-suggested
I downloaded the latest Acrobat Reader (automatically-suggested update) this morning and now I get two types of errors: Opening a Word document: "Word could not fire event". Then when I ask it to prin… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
How do I order an upgrade for CS4 to CS5 I have the student
How do I order an upgrade for CS4 to CS5? I have the student version that I purchased about 2.5 years ago.… read more
Jonathan T Computer Pro
Jonathan T Computer Pro
Hello, I use to be able to grab a bunch of InDesign CS4
Hello, I use to be able to grab a bunch of InDesign CS4 files and drag them on the Acrobat Icon to create a bunch of PDF files. Not working with CS5 files. Any trick? Thank you. Annie Thérien… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Stop searching for answers—
unable to open files in bridge to transfer to ps in ps4
unable to open files in bridge to transfer to ps in ps4. downloaded piture files from old computer to ext. h/d, uploaded to new computer. it still woks on old computer. old comp.runs windowsn xp, new … read more
Danh
Danh
hi! i have a question about upgrading adobe creative suite
hi! i have a question about upgrading adobe creative suite - my company has a single license of Photoshop CS3, and I want to get the entire suite as I specifically need Indesign. what are the best, XX… read more
Jim Clark
Jim Clark
Web Developer/Database Designer,
Does Adobe Photoshop Elements work Windows LIVE Mail for use
Does Adobe Photoshop Elements work Windows LIVE Mail for use with its sharing facilities? i.e. if the only email programme I have on my computer is Windows LIVE Mail willl I be able to send photos and… read more
PC TECH
PC TECH
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Inotice that Adobi cs4 states it
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Inotice that Adobi cs4 states it is certified for 32 bit Windows 7. Can I use cs4 on this commputer? How effective we it work?… read more
Satchi
Satchi
I have a hp pavilion with Vista. Which of the photoshop programs
I have a hp pavilion with Vista. Which of the photoshop programs should I purchase or download. Seems like some of them below 6.0 have problems running on vista. [email protected]… read more
Computer Software Engineer,
Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64Bit) stopped recognising my printer
Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64Bit) stopped recognising my printer when I reinstalled it. All other Adobe apps recognise it as do all other apps I have. Both 32 bit and 64 bit photoshop do not. I get the mess… read more
bineesh
bineesh
System Support Engineer,
Hi I bought adobe CS3 photoshop and it worked just fine. I
Hi I bought adobe CS3 photoshop and it worked just fine. I then upgraded my existing dreamweaver to CS4 and with this came abode bridge cs4. Unfortunately this has now created problems as I am enable … read more
I have installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 into my HP 2216 and want
I have installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 into my HP 2216 and want to install Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 now, do I need an upgrade?… read more
Network Manager,
Hi trying to install adobe photoshop cs4 extended and it keeps
Hi trying to install adobe photoshop cs4 extended and it keeps saying file access denied why is this kind regards XXXXX XXXXX… read more
Travis B.
Travis B.
Computer Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I cannot print the attachments from an email that I received.
I cannot print the attachments from an email that I received. There was an error message on the screen "Start anothercomponent of this suite(such as Adobe Photoshop". Please help. Serge… read more
Master
Master
Our organization has recently upgraded from InDesign CS2 to
Our organization has recently upgraded from InDesign CS2 to CS4. At the same time we upgraded from Adobe Acrobat 8.0 to 9.0. Our products use many internal links (chapter to chapter) and links to othe… read more
Comp Master
Comp Master
Engineer ,
Received error message File Access Denied when I try to install
Received error message "File Access Denied" when I try to install "Adobe Photoshop CS4 extended" in Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit laptop.… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
I use vista 64 bit. Unfortunately one of thead add-ons for
I use vista 64 bit. Unfortunately one of thead add-ons for photoshop requires me to work in vista 32 bit Is there any way to have both options available on the comuter and easily switch back and forth… read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
Hard drive crash. Purchased a new laptop, want to install
Hard drive crash. Purchased a new laptop, want to install Photoshop CS4, Acrobat 9 PRO, Microsoft Enterprise 2007...need a how to as I cannot de-install the software.… read more
Hardware Engineer,
Before I was online, I loaded a trial version of InDesign
Before I was online, I loaded a trial version of InDesign CS2 on my Mac which uses OS 10.4. Not anticipating my purchase of InDesign CS3, I removed CS2. I trashed it the way programs were eliminated o… read more
JC Dill
JC Dill
Professional Photographer, IT Consultant,