my computer is running slower than ever! It took 10 minutes

Customer Question
my computer is running slower...
my computer is running slower than ever!
It took 10 minutes from when i switched it on until the desktop had finished loading
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: mary, Consultant replied 7 years ago
mary
mary, Consultant

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

your computer seems to be infected with some kind of malaware or trojans.
This tool is just not a trojan infection remover but it neutralizes the windows internal policies and usage which might have been modified by any malaware programs
Dont worry we can get it fixed Please follow the instructions below.
Major antivirus programs these days are failing to detect or scan smart infection so in this case i would suggest you to run a tool which will take care of this issues, but run this tool carefully, dont remove any system.ini file or winlogon.ini file if you get a prompt any when you are stuck or confused please send me a message before proceeding.The tool is absolutely free.

Download Trojanremover

I have downloaded Trojanremover, which was fully completed. but it has not run

Please run the program to execute and let it complete the scan.
how long will it take to complete the scan?
should not take more that 10 mins.

no different after running it!

You need to download combofix a powerful tool which will eliminate the spyware issue.

Click OK to continue on those popup messages from combofix, DO NOT disable the anti-virus, just click OK to go on and you might have 3 different OK boxes to pop up, and if it ask to download the recovery console just click no.

Try to run COMBOFIX and it will take about 5 minutes to complete tops. The Microsoft Level 2 Techs use this and nothing gets past it. This is a FREE scan and it does not install anything on your computer, it runs from the command prompt!

COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD

1) Save it to your desktop

2) Run It

When it is done, you will get a notepad with the report. If anything was deleted it will show you at the top like this....

(((((((((((((((((( other deletions )))))))))))))))))))

Here is you a guide just in case you want to see what happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

After that, close the notepad, restart your computer, and everything should be back to normal.

I cant run Combofix, a pop up box comes up and says error, not allowed

we need to follow few steps to get the pc running is a good shape

1. First we need to release the flea power from the computer for that you need to shut the computer down completely un plug the power cable and leave it turned off, then push the power button on the tower itself for 30 seconds without connecting the power cable this step will relese the static power. turn on you pc now.

2. in the run box type in %temp% and hit enter it will open you all the temp junk files
press the control and A button on the key board once it highlights all the junk files then hit the delete key on the keyboard and make the temp folder empty

3. type in superfetch in the command line in the searchbox.

after this clear all you cookied and temporary internet files too this will speed up your computer.

4. go to the add/remove program and remove all unwanted programs from the list.

mary
mary
mary, Consultant