This is a 64 GB iPod touch right? Road Runner supports only POP3 for accessing e-mail. You can set your iPod up to check it, but be careful as POP3 has the nasty side effect of deleting all the e-mail from the server when you check it. That being said, here we go:
1. Go to System Settings>Mail
2. If an e-mail account is in this list, click on it and then scroll to the bottom of the screen and choose "Delete"
3. On the mail settings screen, click "Add Account..."
4. Choose "Other" as your account type
5. Click "Add Mail Account"
6. Enter all the information in the 4 boxes and click save
7. On the next screen you want to choose "POP" as the account type then fill in as follows:
Name: Your Name
Address: [email protected]
Description: Road Runner POP3
Host Name: pop-server.sc.rr.com
Password: Your Password
Host Name: smtp-server.sc.rr.com
User Name:[email protected]
Click Save and back out. When you launch mail, it should log in and check your e-mail.