David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

Pavilion Verde SE a6645f came up disk boot failure, have no

Pavilion Verde SE a6645f came up disk boot failure, have no recovery disk. Can I download recovery disks? Need ASAP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 7 years ago.

First confirm that the hard drive is still working. So next reboot the computer and then look for a message on the screen that instructs you to press a key to enter "Setup", usually the key is Del, F2 or F10. Once you press the key the display is redirected to the motherboard Bios setup pages. From there use the keys specified on the page to navigate to the list of drives installed and confirm that the hard drive is listed along with it's make and model number.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Finally, got my answer, other computer problems! Did as you instructed. How do I know which is the hard drive listed? Make and model would be like what? Where are we going with this? I don't consider this the second question as you really didn't answer what I asked which is how do I order or download recovery disks?

Expert:  David L replied 7 years ago.
Unless you have added another hard drive there should only be one hard drive listed. The purpose in checking the hard drive is just to see if it is still working and determine if a new hard drive is needed as well.

For the recovery disks please follow the instructions at the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3820313