Adam Lowrance
Adam Lowrance, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10 plus years of work experience with Windows, networking, pc and laptop hardware, MS Office
26447752

what does it mean when Toshiba Station has stopped working

what does it mean when Toshiba Station has stopped working?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Adam Lowrance replied 7 years ago.

That is part of the toshiba software update system. It crashing out is harmless although annoying. How often does it do it?

Thanks,
Adam

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Adam
ITS BEEN DOING IT SINCE SEPTEMBER, WHEN I GOT BACK FROM OAHU, HAWAII. DO YOU THINK SOMEONE HAS HACKED INTO MY LAPTOP? YOU KNOW WHEN YOU INTO YOUR HISTORY ON TOP OF THE WEB PAGE, THE WINDOW OPENS UP, THEN YOU CLICK ON IMPORTS AND BACK UP, THEN RESTORE, THEN CHOOSE FILES, WHEN THAT WINDOW OPENS UP, WHERE ALL FILES ARE LOCATED, MY FRIEND'S NAME, "JSON" APPEARS IN THE WINDOW BOX. CAN HE HACK INTO MY LAPTOP WITH HIS IPHONE? HE HAS BEEN THROUGH MY LAPTOP ON VACATION AND MADE MY VACATION A NIGHT MARE. LET ME KNOW, I AM HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THIS TOSHIBA AND I JUST STARTED A BUSINESS, REALLY NEED MY LAPTOP FOR MY NEW BUSINESS. DWIGHT
XXX-XXX-XXXX
I dont think he can hack into your laptop from his iphone. Although he could have messed with your computer and done stuff if he had direct access to it. If that is the case it might be worth getting it checked out at a pc shop to make sure he didnt put a virus on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THE TOSHIBA SERVICE STATION
Click start and in the search box type msconfig and hit enter. In the box that opens click the startup tab and look for toshiba service station or tss.exe. If it is there uncheck the box by it and hit ok at the bottom and reboot the computer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more thing, my laptop has Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800, but one of the Core is operating. Does that mean something is really wrong with this computer. Best Buy just replaced the mother board and optical drive and all new software about 12 weeks ago. Ever since i got this toshiba, I have been having a lot of trouble, but it could be my friend Jason who probably caused some damage, but how will I know that
No, it is normal for only one core to operate until the computer has to work hard and then the other core kicks in.