Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Norton Internet Security program will not open. All instructions

My Norton Internet Security program will not open. All instructions say open it to access my 54 dollar renewal download. I cannot open it and cannot reach Norton at any phone number or web site. This is the 3rd day I have been trying to get my Internet security renewed.

Do you already have a valid license of Norton security or has your license expired ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

here is the subscription key (license?) for my purchased download renewal; I can't get to any part of the version I have installed, only the Norton 15.0.0.60, I found on some site.

key code XWFC7M46GWWMP9YYWCK

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm waiting for you to say something, now.

Please do this and let me know if you still have problem.

1. Uninstall all Norton products :

Please download the Norton Removal Tool using the following link:

http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4749&file=15&evp=242a1882161556089131482b8e4a8e42

A download window should come up automatically; download and run the tool, and remove Norton from your system using the same.

2. Download and install the Norton products that you own. Instructions on link below.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080514162318EN&selected_nav=1&pvid=

Let me know

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You haven't helped me get the Norton program removed or opened. I'm still right where I was before.

Did you read the steps I have mentioned above ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, and I told you that the first site, with "geek" in the link would not open or reply.

Therefore, no way could I go to the second step and open the download. all instructions begin by asking me to open my installed program. Now you have instructed me to uninstall Norton. I could not obtain Norton Removal Tool at the"geek" site, nor could I open the file with that title that I had downloaded earlier. That's why I am not one inch closer to either--uninstalling Norton or downloading the renewal files.

You dont need to download anything from geek site.

Just click on this link once : http://tinyurl.com/4oe65r
Dont do anything else. With in few seconds or a minute a file should download automatically.

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've been through the whole download of the removal tool, and the removal of all my Norton files. Then, the site would give me no option to "renew" or download my already purchased renewal. Scared to remain without security, I selected NIS2010 in hopes of paying the difference between it and my renewal fee. At no point did I ever get far enough to enter a key code. A download of nis2010 took place, but it would not open and said it had a major error and to wait for a new downloader to come. It remains a nightmare. Can you not contact Norton/symantec directly and plead my case? This is just --dear Heaven, it's ten p.m. and I've been here since before 7. Nothing works. Can't your site contact Norton. Any kind of direct contact has been impossible.

Sure, I can show you how to contact Norton directly.

At this point I will really appreciate if you can please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. I have answered all your questions and will continue to help you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't want a phone number to Norton; they don't answer. I've been working on this since Friday, and it is still a nightmare. If I had any money, I would buy another program entirely and never deal with symantec again. But I don't have. I have been counting on you. I'm not going to accept and pay even my little pittance until I am in contact with Norton and get my program--whatever one I can get--started installing on my computer.

I am not going to provide you a phone number. I will show you how to open up a case directly with them.

Let me know if you want to know that information. I have answered your first question about how to uninstall and install norton and I will gladly answer your second question too without extra charge.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

If you are talking about going to their web site and opening a case, I have already done that unsuccessfully. I have a receipt for my 54 dollar renewal, and no reply has come to my efforts to get them to download it. Right now, they say they are sending another downloader, and I clicked ok, but they have nothing showing of it on my screen or tray?

I'm tempted to accept and pay, just to get off this hopeless track. Nothing you have suggested has completed the task of getting my download, and right now, all I have is a complete removal of all Norton product. I tell you the problem is having no one to get to Norton directly for me and get that download or tell me where it is! I have gone to every site that is offered to the wretched customers who depend up these programs and gotten no results whatsoever. I"ve had computers since 1988, and Heaven knows, I've learned to be patient. But this is ridiculous.

I am not going to desert you once you pay. We are not that type of website.

Did you do this step :
Download and install the Norton products that you own. Instructions on link below.

If yes, what all did you do there ? ... this link gives ALL instructions on how to download, install and register the Norton product that you own.

Let me know