SeaMonkey 2.0 - Security Password Where is it Some how

Customer Question
SeaMonkey 2.0 - Security...
SeaMonkey 2.0 - Security Password? Where is it? Some how during a previous install and an issue with administrator rights with a user caused me to have to reinstall seamonkey 1.16 in order to retrieve all my passwords and bookmarks and address book. So the problem is when 2.0 is now installed and run it requests a password XXXXX I never ever... Read full answer
SeaMonkey 2.0 - Security Password? Where is it? Some how during a previous install and an issue with administrator rights with a user caused me to have to reinstall seamonkey 1.16 in order to retrieve all my passwords and bookmarks and address book. So the problem is when 2.0 is now installed and run it requests a password XXXXX I never ever setup during a previous installation. Because this is such a new security change with out it I will be forever limited to v1.16 unless 1.18 has the same security system methodology.

So With using reset which wipes out all current stored passwords how do I setup a new password?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
12/8/2009
Tech Support Specialist: sunnyDmaster, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
sunnyDmaster
sunnyDmaster, Computer Support Specialist

If you have lost or forgotten your master password XXXXX you want to disable the feature, you can reset the master password. Resetting the master password XXXXX remove all stored password XXXXX Upon resetting, you will lose all the stored information in the Password XXXXX as this is a built-in security feature to prevent people from simply resetting your Master Password XXXXX gain access to your passwords.

For Firefox, you can also look at the Troubleshooting section of the Password XXXXX article.

• Firefox: Enter chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul into the Location Bar (address bar), press the "Enter" key and click "Reset".
  • Thunderbird 1.5: "Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Saved Passwords -> Master Password XXXXX> Reset Password".
  • Thunderbird 2: Choose Tools – Error Console, paste the expression: openDialog("chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul") and press the Evaluate button. That will open a dialog asking you if you want to reset your password.
  • Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey: "Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Master Passwords -> Reset Password".

Note: Upon initial installation, Firefox sometimes believes it has a master password XXXXX effect and the user is unable to change or remove it because the set master password XXXXX XXXXX to the user [2]. This situation sometimes occurs when a Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey profile's passwords are imported into Firefox at install time. If this happens, reset the master password as explained above.

Fore more details please go through: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password

Good Luck
--------------------------------
If this helped please ACCEPT, I am paid only when you click ACCEPT..
Ask me again if you need more assistance..
Positive feedback and Bonus will be highly appriceiated..
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We bought a display model Acer Win 7 laptop in February, 2011.
We bought a display model Acer Win 7 laptop in February, 2011. It has worked fine until now. I was concerned with security, so I installed an administrator password, which worked fine that day. We exp… read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I am having a password XXXXX I had to reinstall windows
I am having a password XXXXX I had to reinstall windows XP, ended up with a hidden program problem, but now have good everything running except no passwords and no password XXXXX when looking for mail… read more
IT_Help
IT_Help
Network Administrator,
My husband died more than two years ago and because he is the
My husband died more than two years ago and because he is the administrator of our computer and I don't know his password, I'm unable to update the clock and calendar, which is set in the year 2007. H… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I have SM 1.1.18 on a computer running Windows XP. I would
I have SM 1.1.18 on a computer running Windows XP. I would like to have all my email folders, received emails, passwords, bookmarks, addresses, etc. moved to SM 2.0.8 on my new computer running Window… read more
snow2019
snow2019
Hi Support, I hope you can help. I downloaded Itunes yesterday
Hi Support, I hope you can help. I downloaded Itunes yesterday and I have just downloaded Explorer 8 and now I find that all my bookmarks have gone? is there anyway to get them back? Many thanks for y… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
I started my computer today and when I booted up thunderbird
I started my computer today and when I booted up thunderbird it asked me to fill out the start info to run it. I have run this program for 3 years and all my saved e-mails are gone. how do I get them … read more
mary
mary
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am trying to install Microsoft Office Standard 2007 and am
I am trying to install Microsoft Office Standard 2007 and am encountering an error during setup message. The installation then terminates.… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
I downloaded McAfee Anti virus plus and it has shut down my
I downloaded McAfee Anti virus plus and it has shut down my internet. What did I do wrong?… read more
snow2019
snow2019
I have a Compaq Presario 3000 in which the hard drive died.
I have a Compaq Presario 3000 in which the hard drive died. I do not have a recovery disc; however, I do have an XP-Pro disc with COA that will not load - it says the key is bad. What can I do now? Th… read more
Linghao W
Linghao W
Autodesk sent me a 30 day trial DVD of their new AutoCAD LT
Autodesk sent me a 30 day trial DVD of their new AutoCAD LT 2010 software. I cannot get the download off the DVD to complete because I keep getting a small window pop up that says "Internal Error 2337… read more
David L
David L
I cannot get Seamonkey (1.17 or 1.16) to open. I was/am a
I cannot get Seamonkey (1.17 or 1.16) to open. I was/am a longtime user of Netscape as well as Firefox, but in no way an expert in either program or in computers. I have full system requirements (in W… read more
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Project Lead,
I have a laptop with windows Xp on it. I havent used it for
I have a laptop with windows Xp on it. I haven't used it for a couple of years. I don't remember the password. Is there a way to bypass it or remove it?… read more
Michael Demko
Michael Demko
Stop searching for answers—
Upgraded my SeaMonkey browser to 1.1.14 as recommended by SeaMonkey.
Upgraded my SeaMonkey browser to 1.1.14 as recommended by SeaMonkey. Had difficulties, but got it installed. No icon on desktop, but listed under All Programs. Opened it, but couldn't access the brows… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I use Mozila-SeaMonkey. As of today, I can not receive or
I use Mozila-SeaMonkey. As of today, I can not receive or send. The message is: could not connect to server mail.comcast.net; the connection was refused.… read more
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben
Software Engineer,
I first went to uninstall seamonkey in ADD/Remove and it was
I first went to uninstall seamonkey in ADD/Remove and it was not listed. I then openied the file and there was an uninstall and i clk on it ....did not work. Read the web site and tried to reinstall a… read more
IT Consultant,
I am having to send my notebook (gateway) back for service ...
I am having to send my notebook (gateway) back for service (warranty) AGAIN - even tho lan, wireless, ethernet disabled, hacker gets in via remote access - does not allow me further changes or setup t… read more
Peter
Peter
CEO,
How Do I protect my pics and videos fom other users.
I have pictures and videos on my computer under my account and i am the administrator of the computer and when I log off and someone else signs in under another user on a limited account I have create… read more
John D
John D
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
I incorrectly set up my new PC with limited access instead ...
I incorrectly set up my new PC with limited access instead of administator, or no restrictions. How do I get back out of limited access, and set up either none or adminstrator? Thanks !!!… read more
Mike The Sci Guy
Mike The Sci Guy