my laptop will not accept my password so i can log on. what

Customer Question
my laptop will not accept...
my laptop will not accept my password XXXXX i can log on. what can i do, or where can i take it to get it fixed
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
11/26/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Are you referring to your Windows user account's password, or the BIOS password XXXXX which comes up just at bootup?

Regards

bios password XXXXX soon s i turn the computer on the i am suppose to inter my password XXXXX it won't take it anymore

Okay ...what's the make and model of your laptop?

Regards

toshiba A26-S2792

Okay ...for your Toshiba laptop, you may use a program, KeyDisk, which will create a bootable disc for resetting the BIOS password XXXXX the same. You may download it using the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/2udlke

If it doesn't work, you will have to take the laptop to an authorized Toshiba service center so that their technicians can carry out a hard reset of BIOS password, without causing further complications. In order to locate a Toshiba Service center in your location, please check out the following link:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/gaspLocator.jsp?subs=tais

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

B.Rath the keydisk didnot work now what

In that case, as I had stated, you will have to take the laptop to an authorized Toshiba service center so that their technicians can carry out a hard reset of the BIOS password, without causing further complications. In order to locate a Toshiba Service center in your location, please check out the following link:

Regards

i do not know what else to give you. then have you processed my payment yet

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist