I scanned a document to my desktop and then opened it in…

Customer Question
I scanned a document...
I scanned a document to my desktop and then opened it in msoffice.
I need to edit some items on each page.I can not edit it. It either comes
up in a code or will not open to edit. Help please... Read full answer
up in a code or will not open to edit. Help please
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
11/24/2009
Tech Support Specialist: romr2009, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 years ago
romr2009
romr2009, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi Customer,

You have to use OCR software.

The better ones cost more ($300+) but check the link below for some less expensive alternatives.

link

Romr

I can not accept this answer because I can not figure out what to do with the answer.

I need something I can understand. I have no idea where to look for these things.

Please break it down for a beginner.

did you click on the blue link?

Hi Customer,

Try the online OCR

click the link below

online OCR

Romr

I have no idea what I am doing. I downloaded the ocr and tried the ms office and

it is still coming out in codes not english now what?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
It's not the computer but an application question. Can you
Hi, it's not the computer but an application question. Can you open a MSoffice document from a hyperflink in a pdf document? Thanks … read more
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson
Software Development Engineer,
Bachelor
How do I scan a document so I can edit it in office 365. Hp
how do I scan a document so I can edit it in office 365 … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
I have saved MSOffice attachments, docs, that I want to save
i have saved MSOffice attachments, docs, that I want to save to pc and send via yahoo email, but do not have Office on this pc Any ideas ? … read more
Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Stop searching for answers—
We have a few hundred documents that we scanned into a flash
Hello,We have a few hundred documents that we scanned into a flash drive and we need to edit each page but we are unable to do any editing. Is there a way that we can edit each page? Thank you.… read more
How do i install the OCR application installed on my new mac
how do i install the OCR application installed on my new mac so that i can scan pictures from my printer(i can already print things from computer to printer)… read more
Hardware Engineer,
I have Word Perfect X6 and Windows 7 on my PC. I am creating
I have Word Perfect X6 and Windows 7 on my PC. I am creating a document and inserting photos and scans. After inserting several such photos and scans, I added some pages and many photos do not show up… read more
Support Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Help. I have a neat desk scanner and I Viewed the movies on
Help. I have a neat desk scanner and I Viewed the movies on how to use. I scanned my first statement and I don't know how to read what comes up. I want it to itemize each item and catergorize for taxe… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I have a CD containing some PDF documents. The search function
I have a CD containing some PDF documents. The search function does not work. Is this something that the originator PURPOSEFULLY set up? or was it done because that is the default lposition? or am I n… read more
IT Consultant,
Hi Wei, This is Rick Freitas...hope all is well with you...been
Hi Wei, This is Rick Freitas...hope all is well with you...been along time since I have asked a Q! :) Hey, I have a list of 10 items, and I would like VBA code that would list every combination of the… read more
Wei C.
Wei C.
I have a problem with MSOffice XP and it seems to be down to
I have a problem with MSOffice XP and it seems to be down to windows vista. Each time I click on either an existing document in word or try to update reports in MSAccess. I have an error message sayin… read more
Computer Technican,
I have Window XP and scanned documents from my printer to computer,
I have Window XP and scanned documents from my printer to computer, then copied into Word as documents. The documents have scanned in as a "read only". I cannot work with the documents and I desperate… read more
Computer Technican,
hi , i can not use my fullversion msoffice 2007 as I get error
hi , i can not use my fullversion msoffice 2007 as I get error message when editing a document "can not edit because selection is locked" have reloaded and still get same error message please help sel… read more
Satchi
Satchi
Stop searching for answers—
I have a HP Photosmart C4700 all-in-one unit. How do I scan
I have a HP Photosmart C4700 all-in-one unit. How do I scan an original document and save it as editable text?… read more
Aaron B
Aaron B
Computer Repair Technician,
I am very computer efficient, I think. Use it all the time.
I am very computer efficient, I think. Use it all the time. However, I have always been confused about files and folders. Somehow, I cannot bring up documents after I highlight them and have a list of… read more
Julio
Julio
I have scanned a document and sent it to my pc, but I am unable
I have scanned a document and sent it to my pc, but I am unable to find it. Can you please help?… read more
J. Mar
J. Mar
IT Specialist,
I have a Canon 5750 as well as PDF Complete. The Scanner automatically
I have a Canon 5750 as well as PDF Complete. The Scanner automatically defaults to flatbed and I can find no place to change the default to Feeder mode so that I can feed multiple documents at one tim… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
hi, i am using HP CM 1017 printer/scanner. When I scan
hi, i am using HP CM 1017 printer/scanner. When I scan a MULTI-PAGE Document, I save it. But is saves as INDIVIDUAL SCANS, not all on the same document. I cannot get it working, tried online, etc. Wha… read more
Qin Xia
Qin Xia
I have three items on desktop, that I cant move ,two are items
I have three items on desktop, that I cant move ,two are items that need to be deletee, and I,ve tried everything. HELP… read more
Lisa J Wright
Lisa J Wright