Josh H.
Josh H., Bachelor's in Computer Science
Experience:  MCSE, 10+ years experience, Own and Operate Computer Repair/Consulting Company
18904514

My Epson C88 printer is blinking two lights simultaneously---paper

My Epson C88 printer is blinking two lights simultaneously---paper and ink. I turned it off and on numerous times, as directed in the Manual---no change. This started quite suddenly Sunday evening. I have looked inside and can see no broken parts or foreign objects. What to do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh H. replied 7 years ago.
Have you taken the ink cartridges out and put them back in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't get the cartridge holder to move. It is under the outside shell.
Expert:  Josh H. replied 7 years ago.
When it's powered off, can you force it over at all?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it won't move. I just tried it. Is there any use intrying to take off the outer shell?
Expert:  Josh H. replied 7 years ago.
If you take the outer shell off ink will most likley get everywhere. Try pushing the latches down as best you can with it under the shell and turn it on to see if it will come out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, but I can't do this now---doctor's appointment. Send me another rteply form and I'll do it tonight or tomorrow a.m. and report back to you. Thanks.
Expert:  Josh H. replied 7 years ago.
Sounds good!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry for the delay.

Applying considerable force, several times, I got the cartridge container to come out. The cartridges were properly inserted, and I can see no damage to the machine. I then tried to print several times, and after much wheezing and clicking, the machine seemed to clear itself. I have now successfully printed several trial files, and all seems well. But I suspect I shall need a replacement soon. Do you have any idea what went wrong?
Thanks for your advice.

Expert:  Josh H. replied 7 years ago.
I have went through 2 of that same model printer. The only thing I can think is that they are made cheaply and randomly break. You had better luck than me, the last time mine did that I had to replace it. I honeslty think they aren't made to last more than a couple years.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I agree with your diagnosis. Thanks a lot for encouraging me to wrestle with wrestle with the machine. No more questions. I enjoyed working with you.