Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.
14055801

windows failed to load because the system registry file is

windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

Do you have the installation disc?

What happens when you press F8 while computer is booting?

Since when this is happening?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all it says on screen is windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the caus i have not got a windows disc as it was already in this lap top, i have the windows product key
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

Have you changed or replaced any hardware?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no not replaced nothing. it tells me to contact my system admin or computer manufacture i have file \windows\system32\config\system status number

0xc000014c

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

Ok do this:

First download and make a recovery disc for Vista from this link: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Put the disc and restart your computer and if prompted press any key to boot from the disc.

Choose your language settings > click Next > Click Repair your computer > Select the operating system you want to repair > click Next > On the System Recovery Options menu > click Startup Repair > Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

See if that works, reply here if you need further help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

my daughter was on facebook and then her computer switch its self off and then when she turned it back on this happened

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.
Ya may be some components of windows got corrupt, try the process I mentioned earlier, it will resolve the issue. In case it did not solve the issue, reply here I will give further instructions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i do not have insterlation disc
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.
Ya thats not a problem, you can download and make a recovery disc, see this link: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have tried to make a recovery disc from my lap top but i don't no how to do it

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.

After you download the ISO image from the website I gave above, you need to burn the ISO image into a CD/DVD. To know how to burn a ISO image, see this guide: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning+ISO+Images+to+a+CD+or+DVD

The process of burning depends on your burning software.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 7 years ago.
Ya if you still need help, feel free to ask. :)