AFFalcon
AFFalcon, Network Engineer
Experience:  22 Years of Computer Support Experience
16662161

How can I find out what web sites have been visited on my computer

How can I find out what web sites have been visited on my computer by other users??
Category: Computer
Expert:  AFFalcon replied 7 years ago.
Good morning and thanks for looking to JustAnswer. I can give you a step process to find this information, can you tell me the browswer you are using on your PC?

Regards
Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Internet Explorer
Expert:  AFFalcon replied 7 years ago.
Depending on the version of IE you are using your menu may be slightly different but overall in the same location.

If you are running IE7-8 you will have a Favorite Button on the top left. Click there
Once that block comes up it will have 3 tabs
One is called history
This should give you the saved browsing history on your PC

There are also free programs out there on the internet that can be installed to provide reports from this type information. I have no personally used any of them so I cannot vouch for one over the other but you can have a look and see what you think about them

http://www.google.com/search?q=ie+history+viewer&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=

Let me know if you need more info.
Regards
Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all that info has been cleared however she still finding out where i have been!!
Expert:  AFFalcon replied 7 years ago.
I see. Are you aware if there is all ready another browsing history viewer loaded on your PC? It may show up under Programs.

There may be other ways to find out. Do you have virus protection running on this PC?

Regards
Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes
Expert:  AFFalcon replied 7 years ago.
Are you getting any warnings of Trojan, Sniffer, or Key logger programs?

LB
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no

Expert:  AFFalcon replied 7 years ago.
OK one last thought would be all I can think of. Even if browsing history is cleared, you may still retain files which show website extensions. You can get there by:

Goto Tools
Click Internet Options
In the Middle of the Screen you see Browsing History... Goto Settings

graphic

Next click the button to View Files

You will see the list of Temp files stored and this also has website info

graphic

Just highlight them and delete the files.

These files should not be deleted even when you choose to clear them from the button tabs under IE.

Check for yourself. Go clear your browsing history and then folllow these steps. You should still see the file names there until you highlight them and delete.

Regards
Larry