http //www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm.jsp?ofId=AskIris&searchString=bios+manufacturer%2Ftoshiba+sattelite+p205-s6257&x=6&y=8...
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm.jsp?ofId=AskIris&searchString=bios+manufacturer%2Ftoshiba+sattelite+p205-s6257&x=6&y=8
10/12/2009
Angus D.
Angus D., Consultant
you didn't flash your bios. you can't from windows. turn on try Fn + F5 ... use F5 to cycle thru display modes

Ok. I will try that. Also I have my son hunting a phillips head in case---

It looks like you didn't get my entire response so I'll copy it

re-read your post i sounds like you did something to your video adapter is all. possible even just the laptop screen. do you have a desktop VGA monitor by chance

yes- a dell and a viewsonic

ok, if you cant get in at startup we do this: this would be soooo much easier on a desktop PC but u need to reset the CMOS. i'll have to lookup the access to it but it means opening the laptop and either removing the button-cell battery or if it's soldered in shorting it

I am pretty good at electronics but I just want to make sure this button-cell battery has nothing to do with the outer battery compartment. It doesnt sound like it so I have hope again.

we need to close this out and open a new thread .... lists your open question as 3 i just cant find it

closed thread cant figure how to use the open question to you so I will let it expire and start this new thread to you

In any event, you did not flash the BIOS of your Toshiba. who is the BIOS manufacturer?

Have no clue but I looked on the toshiba site and got a list of drivers some of which I loaded. I will paste the link.

Fn + F5 gave me nothing still. I will start using the screwdriver and wait for the next step.

:-) AB

b4 that .... plug the external VGA into one of your desktop monitors then turn on the toshiba

and you might need a Torx head instead of phillips ... not sure ;-)
Naw its a phillips--I checked. Hooking up the monitor now. Give me 3-4 minutes before going on.

hooked up the external monitor, unplugged power, booted up twice, used fn+f5 rhe second time. Both were a no go.

Have I given you my headache yet? Hope not cuz I don't want you having to go home to take some excedrin.

lol ... i AM home

still trying to find diagram for opening case ...
already almost opened all the way. lack two difficult screws.
oh, ok .... battery is located near the heat-sink fan vent under the bezel ... it's 3 button-cells wrapped in green plastic. They unplug and the replug to reset CMOS.

this is a Link to User Manual ----> Chapter 6 seems interesting

AB, afraid i'm a bit spent my dear and concerned that b4 it becomes evident in my replys we should take a break. If u want more assistance in the meantime let me know if u want me to open the question til back

Every time we think all the screws are out and try to pop it open we see more we missed. Don't know whats holding it closed now. guess I'll have to wait for you to find that diagram. I would look on toshiba.com but dont know exactly what to look for.

Do I need to send more $$ yet or can I leave it as your bonus?

you have got to be kidding me Angus--- When I try to download the manual it says I don't have permission!! GRRRR!

Any chance you can copy and paste?

does this one give you permission?
NOPE. Same message. I got to download this time but instead of opening it gave the message. For some reason I dont have pdf prog. who else besides adobe can I use?
I am going to close this thread and open another. I'm starting to feel like you're underpaid!
lol .... can't without an answer

Should be able to get it HERE

Edited by Angus D. on 10/12/2009 at 4:46 AM EST
Angus D.
Angus D., Consultant
Angus D.
Angus D.
Angus D., Consultant