GIFException in module aviWMP54Gv4.dll at 000252AF Appliction

GIFException in module aviWMP54Gv4.dll at...
GIFException in module aviWMP54Gv4.dll at 000252AF

Appliction Error what do I do?
[email protected]
9/27/2009
John P
John P, Information Systems Architect

First bookmark this thread by pressing Control + D so you can return here as I'm going to need you to reboot.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking by gentle pressing F8 continuously after you restart your system. You'll see the menu to select this option.

Open a web browser and run this online scan http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Reboot into normal mode (just restart the computer.)

Many times this error is cause by malware. If this does not fix the issue we will reinstall your WMP54Gv4 software.

Please post back if any malware/viruses were found.

John P
John P, Information Systems Architect

John,

Thanks for being there with me. I tried the safemode and my wireless would not open IE. I Restarted and am scanning right now... I'll keep you posted

Charlotte

Jacksonville, NC

The virus scan failed... what now.

charlotte

Meaning it didn't find anything or that the scan process failed?

When you booted into Safe Mode did you choose the option Safe Mode with Networking... there is one with it and one without.

No I will try that one... ok
Take your time. I know how difficult it can be to walk through a problem over the internet. We'll solve this thing.

John,

That did not work. I am a Real Estate Broker and I have to go meet a client. Hope can I get back later so we can finish this?

Charlotte

I'll be around. Just post a thread when you return. I'll look into different options.

Thanks,

Will be checking back.... I am leaving this site up. Note: That application code continues to popup for about 122 windows then starts over... Might be of some help... Thanks, Charlotte

John,

Thanks for waitring. I ran the scan and no virus showed and it finished that time. Now what do we do?

Go to the following site: http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WMP54G/download

Select Version 4.0 from the drop down list. Install the driver on the left side of the page half way down.

Reboot.

Post back.

Did the download and Turned off the computer. Thought it was okay then it started with the Application Error again. Same error message.

Also how do I get you paid? Or is that automatic?

Charlotte

First, you've already paid me, so thank you. Second, go to your Start bar and perform a search for aviWMP54Gv4.dll

Are you using wireless right now to connect or are you hardwired in?

Using wireless Linksys. Will do search and let you know...

Charlotte

John, Sorry for delay.

1. Ran seach and found aviWMP54Gv4.dll

2. Clicked to open and I get caution You are attempting to open a file of type 'Application Estension'(.dll) etc..... Open with ????

Also in the search I found addition file: GIFException in module aviWMP54Gv4.dll

Now what? Charlotte

Okay do you still have the install CD that came with the WMP54G?

no i don't so an agent in the office installed the device, but i will look. what if i can't find it?

Customer/p>
We'll figure out a plan B. I'm here for the long haul. There's an uninstall utility that comes on the disk that will wipe up all the files and allow us to do a complete clean install (wipes our registry the proper way.)
i have the cd... thank goodness...
Put it into you disc drive. Instead of launching the application (or if autoplay comes up close it) Go to My Computer, right click on the CD-ROM drive and choose Explore. There is a Utility folder and the uninstaller should be in there. Run it. Reboot. Then reinstall, let's see if that fixes it.
Cool Beans... Will let you know
John P
John P
John P, Information Systems Architect