How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 6615
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
Type Your Computer Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My monitor screen has shifted to the right- how do I get it

Customer Question

My monitor screen has shifted to the right- how do I get it back to a full screen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Most likely the controls on the monitor itself are what you need to adjust. On the monitor there should be a control panel (usually in the front, sometimes hidden behind a bezel). Pressing the main button will display a menu from which you can select a number of items including display positioning. If the menus do not offer this information then check the other buttons available for monitor adjustments as many times the monitor will have buttons dedicated to setting the position of the screen. If these buttons are available then press the button that corresponds to the direction in which you need to move the screen to center it (usually the button is marked by an arrow).

Let me kinow if the above does not resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am so grateful, as I for got where the buttons are since I have a different monitor than previously. You'e my hero today, David
Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.
Glad I could assist you!

Also, please press the Accept button if I have provided you with a satisfactory answer.

Edited by David L on 9/26/2009 at 5:37 PM EST