invoices imported into QuickBooks are showing up in the right…

Customer Question
invoices imported into QuickBooks are...
invoices imported into QuickBooks are showing up in the right Item category, but they are not going into the approriate Revenue category (or ANY revenue category). They used to do just fine, but for some reason, it broke. If I manually change the Item category to something else and then back to the right one, it then appears in the revenue... Read full answer
invoices imported into QuickBooks are showing up in the right Item category, but they are not going into the approriate Revenue category (or ANY revenue category). They used to do just fine, but for some reason, it broke. If I manually change the Item category to something else and then back to the right one, it then appears in the revenue category. Any ideas?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
9/16/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Ben M, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Ben M
Ben M, Computer Support Specialist
HelloCustomer

Here is a page that might point you in the right direction:

http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/110822254.html

Thank You,

Ben M
Looked promising, but doesn't address my problem. The account seems to be set up right, as an income account, but the imported invoices are not showing up anywhere on the Profit/Loss Statement.
HelloCustomer

I am opting out on this one.

Other techs should be able to help.

Thank You,

Ben M
The problem seems to be the connection between the Item Account and the Revenue account. Invoices entered in QB work fine, and the Item definitely seems to be set up correctly, tied to the right revenue account. Strange thing is that it worked fine until late December and then apparently broke. Import files look just like the old ones, and I've looked at them quite closely.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Are there proven applications that you recommend that to
Are there proven applications that you recommend that to allow for the mobile invoice creation & mobile onsite payment (payment by ACH, credit card, cash or check)? In the event the client wants to be… read more
John Holland
John Holland
Can you export customer transactions into excel from
Can you export customer transactions into excel from Quickbooks pro desktop. and import back to quickbooks?… read more
It Support Specialist,
I am trying to receive items from the vendors invoice to
I am trying to receive items from the vendors invoice to match with the purchase order. I cannot pull up the purchase order … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Stop searching for answers—
dont know if this is the right place to ask, but when I email
don't know if this is the right place to ask, but when I email out invoices thru Quickbooks, it has started randomly sending one or two to the wrong email address? ie customer receives another custome… read more
If I recieve an overpayment for an invoice, how can I gat that
If I recieve an overpayment for an invoice, how can I gat that overpayment to appear on the invoice it is overpaying? Later the overpayment will be corrected. Quickbooks will not allow a negative bala… read more
ITTechChris
ITTechChris
IT Technician,
When i convert files to PDF from Quickbooks, some fonts
when i convert files to PDF from Quickbooks, some fonts don't appear in the PDF file. Specifically it is a Trade Gothic LT STD font which i purchased. It use to work just fine until i recently upgrade… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
When I scan my barcode in a quickbooks invoice it scans the
When I scan my barcode in a quickbooks invoice it scans the item and fills in the field, but then automatically goes to close the invoice, as if it is closing the invoice.… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
hello. i have my own business but right now do every thing
hello. i have my own business but right now do every thing on paper and it is getting really hard to keep track of every thing now, as i seem to be getting bigger. its only a carpentry busy. i have tw… read more
IT/Web Manager,
I am desperately trying to find a software package (whether
I am desperately trying to find a software package (whether it's "off the shelf" or customizable) We are a legal research company. And, with every order we receive, there are many documents that need … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Im charged 39.95 per month for support. Im not at work so
I'm charged 39.95 per month for support. I'm not at work so do not know account number or what ever you need. I have 3 licenses for our network using QB wholesale & Manufacturing 2010. I have 2 sales … read more
CIO,
IMPORT .XML INTO EXCEL I am an electrical contractor and I
IMPORT .XML INTO EXCEL I am an electrical contractor and I spend countless hours bidding jobs on my computer. I use 3 primary pieces of software to do this: Step 1) Bluebeam PDF Revu to markup and bui… read more
Just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Everything is fine except
Just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. Everything is fine except my Quickbooks Premier Edition 2008. When I am trying to E-mail an invoice, statement, or report the following dialogue comes up- #1-Pri… read more
Bob
Bob
Stop searching for answers—
MY OLDER VERSION OF QUICK BOOKS JUST BECAME UNAVAILABLE AND
MY OLDER VERSION OF QUICK BOOKS JUST BECAME UNAVAILABLE AND IT SEEMS I LOST ALL MY RECORDS, CANNOT PRINT INVOICES ON THE OLD PROGRAM, ETC. WHAT DO I DO NOW. MY BUSINESS IS TOO SMALL TO BUY THE NEW PRO… read more
Mickey Trivett
Mickey Trivett
Owner / Web Designer / IT Consultant,
All of my January invoices printed out fine, but the
All of my January invoices printed out fine, but the February 28 invoices pulled up to the top of the list, and didn't print out correctly. Also, the statements did not reflect the January invoices. D… read more
Joseph
Joseph
We run quickbooks 2002, we use it simply for invoices, nothing
We run quickbooks 2002, we use it simply for invoices, nothing else. We had to get a new computer, we loaded quickbooks on to the new system and imported the info off the old one before it broke. The … read more
Jacob Mylan
Jacob Mylan
Owner / Engineer,
I am doing accounting for a club. once a year, we issue about
I am doing accounting for a club. once a year, we issue about 300 invoices to the members. is there a way to to this globally without having to create the invoice 300 times.… read more
don thayer
don thayer
Managing Partner,
I have used CCleaner for many years and been very happy. Recently,
I have used CCleaner for many years and been very happy. Recently, I went in an update and something changed: 1. The color of the Cleaner/Finder panel is like neon and "smeary". This is not my big pro… read more
Satchi
Satchi
I am using Quickbooks Pro Edition 2003 and I accidentally ...
I am using Quickbooks Pro Edition 2003 and I accidentally erased an invoice. I can't get it back and now all the numbers are off on the rest of the typed and new invoices. Is there some way to retriev… read more
Steve Gardner
Steve Gardner
Automation Engineer,