I cannot get my microsoft office word to change font size…

Customer Question
I cannot get my microsoft...
I cannot get my microsoft office word to change font size and font It stays
small and doesn't respond to any changes... Read full answer
small and doesn't respond to any changes
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
9/11/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

What's the version of MS Word, i.e. 2003, 2007, you are using?

Regards

I have windows xp media edition

Okay ...what about the version of MS Office? That is, Office 2003, Office 2007, etc.

Regards
It is 2003
Okay ...is it with any Word document you might have received from some one? Or does the issue persist with any document you open?

Regards

It seems to be only with the micro soft word. The entire site is off. However,

I have a card making program and that is working perfectly

Okay ...when you create a new Word document, is the 'Font Size' option stuck as well?

Regards

the font size is stuck as well. however, it will change numbers and font but on the tool bar but not the document. I tried changing form 100% to 150% it makes the document

bigger but the font stays pretty much the same

Hmm ...now, please open up Word, then go to Help > Detect and Repair, and let Word automatically look for and repair errors. Done that, check if this resolves the font size issue ...keep me posted.

Regards
i can not find detect and repair wher should i be looking
Did you click on the 'Help' tab in the menu bar?

Regards

yes and when that did not come up in the scroll down i went to search and typed in

detect and repait and i may have got the right thing but it warned me not to click the

option

Okay ..please go ahead with the 'Detect and Reapir' operation, and let me know how you get on.

Regards

I found the place it went throuhg the repair told me it was fixed i tried and

it is not working. If i type anything on the blank document it comes out super small

if i look at print preview it appears a bit bigger in font size but the font type has changed

it is just not responding right

Okay ...do you have the MS Office installation disc with you?

Regards
yes I do it is for office small business and another disc is for business contact manager update
Okay ...now, please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, then look fo and remove MS Office completely from your system. Done that, use the disc to carry out a clean reinstall of the same, and let me know if this resolves the issue all right.

Regards

I DID the install and it did not work

In that case, I'll be opting out so that the other experts can try and take the issue further from here ..thanks for your patience.

Regards

guess I fixed it I just hit a formatting button and did some other things and

it is working sorry for taking so much time but i did it

Glad to know that you fixed it yourself ...thanks for using JustAnswer.

Regards

I don't really think i did it myself but i did help. do i pay the fee

It's upto you ...since you fixed the issue by yourself, you are not obliged to accept any of my answers, however.

Thanks!
thanks i am sure I will be back I appreciate your help
No problem.

Regards
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Windows 10, do not know how to use it. Cannot
I have a Windows 10, do not know how to use it. Cannot figure out how to change the font or sent document to others. … read more
Samuel White
Samuel White
Owner and Expert Tech,
My text size prints out small..need to enlarge it....some
my text size prints out small..need to enlarge it....some apps I can set it larger but most of the time its small text. would like to not have to always resize font....im on an HP office 3830… read more
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi
Computer Science and Engineering
The size of my font during email creation is micro mini and
The size of my font during email creation is micro mini and unchangeable. Received email is okay. Help.… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
Stop searching for answers—
my windows (Windows office 2010) has messed up while I was
my windows (Windows office 2010) has messed up while I was typing. First I had two pages in the window which I did not want, then the tool bar disappeared. If I try to get it back it does not stay. I … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I use the data-base program of my Microsoft Office 2007 for
I use the data-base program of my Microsoft Office 2007 for several data bases. The inconvenience that I encounter has to do with the default font (Calibri 9) set in the report section. Can this be ch… read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
In Microsoft Outlook 2010 can you help me with font/size option
In Microsoft Outlook 2010 can you help me with font/size option because it will not print Calibri(body) 11 in the body of the email? I have Toshiba reference number. they could not help me.… read more
famhtech
famhtech
CEO,
PHD In Aeronautical Physics
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I cannot change my font in my gmail. Moreover, the font progressively
I cannot change my font in my gmail. Moreover, the font progressively has become smaller WITHOUT my intervention. This is a well known problem. In searching your site I find that many have the same pr… read more
s4sys
s4sys
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineer
When answering an email the letters on the ssreen is very small.
When answering an email the letters on the ssreen is very small. If you increase the size of the font the person receiving has the message in super size. What do you do? Thank you George Morley… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
Word 2007 has decided I want a large screen and font (I think
Word 2007 has decided I want a large screen and font (I think it's about 18 pt.) I don't. How do I restore a normal 8x11 template and 14 pt. font? I have tried selecting all and clicking 14 pt., click… read more
bineesh
bineesh
System Support Engineer,
how do i change the font size on my hp photosmary c4599 printer
how do i change the font size on my hp photosmary c4599 printer the font is so small that i can hardly read it i am 71 years old with good eyesight but this is much too small for me thanks for you hel… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
My DPI settings were changed from a visitor to my home office.
My DPI settings were changed from a visitor to my home office. All of my fonts are now to small... I figured out how to change it back but now all of my program windows are still to small. OS Vista… read more
Brant Gurganus
Brant Gurganus
consultant,
In word 2007 I have a small word document it has the right
In word 2007 I have a small word document it has the right margins, but on the screen the document is tiny and when you type the font is unreadable. Need help to restore it to the default microsoft wo… read more
expresshelpline
expresshelpline
Stop searching for answers—
MS OFFICE PROBLEM After clearing some old system back-ups
MS OFFICE PROBLEM After clearing some old system back-ups to make space for Norton's 'Save & Restore' to complete it's normal house keeping. I did a Shut-down and Restore. after which I discovered a s… read more
Support Technician,
When I am working on a PDF print I cannot seem to figure how
When I am working on a PDF print I cannot seem to figure how to change the font size in a text box or the collar of the text.… read more
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18
Network Admin,
Office Word 2003 is used as my mail editor and suddenly the
Office Word 2003 is used as my mail editor and suddenly the viewing of my font size 10 is tiny. The zoom is set to 100% as usual, the default has not been set to superscript or subscript and if I turn… read more
Adam Wright
Adam Wright
My outlook is set for Arial 12 - both in creating a new email
My outlook is set for Arial 12 - both in creating a new email and replying. Today when I went to reply to an email the orignal email's text converted to very small print (smaller than Calibri 11) and … read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I have Windows XP version 5.1 and microsoft office small business
I have Windows XP version 5.1 and microsoft office small business 07 installed. No matter what I do, the fonts do not show up in Publisher or Word/Works but do show up in Excel. All that the font sele… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
how do we make little letters on my computer so we can ...
how do we make little letters on my computer so we can print it out i put it on a cd case like songs but like a little smaller so we can fit 120 songs in a piece ov paper… read more
Wayne Brasch
Wayne Brasch
Accountant and Business Consultant,
Master Degree