Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how to get rid of my start

how to get rid of "my start"

I presume you are referring to IncrediMail MyStart, which has been set as the homepage in your Firefox browser. If so, please open Firefox, then navigate to Tools > Options..., and under Main > Startup, set the 'When Firefox starts' option as 'Show a blank page' and apply the settings ..this should do it.

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is My Start search bar. It has not taken over my home page. I just can't get rid of it. Also I used to have incredimail but do not use it any more and I uninstalled it
Okay ..now, please carry out the following steps in Firefox:

1. At the Firefox address bar, enter about:config and press ENTER. A window that says your warranty may be voided if you continue will pop up. Go ahead and proceed.
2. A huge list will show up. At Filter: field, type keyword.url
3. You should see a Preference name of keyword.URL in the list. Double click it, a “Enter String Value” input box will appear.
4. Replace the string with:
http://www.google.com.my/search?q=
Click “OK” button.

Check if this resolves your issue ...keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It did not go away. It is still there
Are you referring to the search bar to the right of the address bar, in Firefox?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i am, Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
why has my account been charged when I am still waiting for an answer?
I'm sorry for the delay in follow up, as I had already gone off for the day by the time you replied. Now, please click on the very left button on the search bar ...does it bring up a popdown menu?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it does. thats okay i don't mind the delay
Okay ...now, please select the 'Google' option accordingly ...is that what you needed?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did the my start and it had google and yahoo etc the google table just has searches I've been to. Am I missing what I am supposed to do?
So, are you looking to remove MyStart from the search bar options itself?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes that is what I want
Okay ...now, click on the little down arrow button to the left of the search bar; in the popdown menu that comes up, click 'Manage Search Engines', then select 'MyStart' and click 'Remove', and you should be all set.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you ! It worked.