cant print. Keeps telling me I have a spooling problem .

Customer Question
can't print.   Keeps telling me I...
can't print.   Keeps telling me I have a "spooling problem".   Please advise as to what to do to resolve this.... Read full answer
can't print.   Keeps telling me I have a "spooling problem".   Please advise as to what to do to resolve this.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Nilesh, Computer Software Engineer replied 9 years ago
Nilesh
Nilesh, Computer Software Engineer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-What internet browser are you using?
-What is your printer model?
-What is the exact error message?

Regards,
Nilesh

I am using WIndows XP

I am connecting to my company internet thru a VPN

I use Internet Explorer to browse

My printer model is HP DeskJet F4180 All-in-One

Exact error message is:
Having trouble pulling this up. It was a paper jam problem for a bit then, once I cleaned out all the paper jam, it said it was having a spooling problem.

printer only prints about top 2 " of message then stops

sorry i am not much femaliar with DeskJet F4180.

i think i would opt out. Another exprt will join you very soon.
still waiting for someone to reply
Tech Support Specialist: bytestream, Computer Systems Analyst replied 9 years ago
bytestream
bytestream, Computer Systems Analyst
<p>hello,Customer</p><p> </p><p>A spooling problem means that the printer is trying to print something on the queue (line of documents waiting for printing) without success. </p><p> </p><p>The first thing to try is to cancel all print jobs in the queue -- Start \ printers and faxes \ select the printer involved and double-click it. Select each job and delete them, top first.</p><p> </p><p>If this is a company printer, this could be a problem -- you can only delete those print jobs you ordered.</p><p> </p><p>If this is a local printer and the problem persists, unplug the printer power cord for 30 seconds, replug and retry.</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know if any of this helps.</p>

Thanks so much for your answer but now the computer i was working on is dead (power cord is at my office and can't get it till tomorrow). The computer I'm now working with doesn't have this printer loaded on it.

How can I load printer (HP DESKJET F4180 ) onto this computer ? Do I need to go to HP website to do it???

Once I load it, then I can try your options above to print.

bytestream
bytestream, Computer Systems Analyst
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I'm having a spooling problem between my pc/window 10
I'm having a spooling problem between my pc/window 10 computer and my hp officejet printer … read more
Rahul Ray
Rahul Ray
I have a print document stuck in my print que and I can't
I have a print document stuck in my print que and I can't cancel it. … read more
Byron
Byron
IT Support Specialist,
Keep receiving an error message from Windows Spooler Sub
Keep receiving an error message from Windows Spooler Sub System App Spooler Sub System has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. In fact it is on my screen righ… read more
IT Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I keep getting a pop up saying Spooler Substystem App encountered
I keep getting a pop up saying 'Spooler Substystem App encountered problem and needed to close. Can you help me? tks Neil Reynolds… read more
Erik B.
Erik B.
Network Engineer,
I am trying to hook up my canon bjc-50 printer to my laptop
I am trying to hook up my canon bjc-50 printer to my laptop which is running windows XP. I don't have the drivers for XP, but the computer has recognized the printer, but when I go to print it's like … read more
Dragonfly
Dragonfly
I have an HP LaserJet 1012. When I try to print my PC tells
I have an HP LaserJet 1012. When I try to print my PC tells me the printer spooler is not working. What is the fix? I am running Windows Vista… read more
IT Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
How do I get my HP Officejet 6310 Spooling problem resolve It
How do I get my HP Officejet 6310 "Spooling" problem resolve? It tells me the printer needs installing which is not the problem. My printer copy just fine… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Running XP SP3 - I have a Zebra printer with parrallel centronics
Running XP SP3 - I have a Zebra printer with parrallel centronics port. I am using a USB->centronic cable. I have a Zebra driver that is working (I have been printing with it..) - I keep getting a … read more
Aziz
Aziz
Every time that I try to print an attachment that has been
Every time that I try to print an attachment that has been e-mailed to me an error message appears saying that my print spooler is not running. My printer works fine in all other programs. I can also … read more
IT Consultant,
My HP Phosmart C4680 will not print. I get a message that
My HP Phosmart C4680 will not print. I get a message that says "the printer spool service is off".I cannot find any reference in the manual or in the on screen trouble shooting guide. I need help!!… read more
IT Consultant,
My x5470 printer will n ot print because there is a document
My x5470 printer will n ot print because there is a document in the q that is deleting. How do I get that item deleted so that I can begin printing again?… read more
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Installed i850 (had since 2003) to newly purchased computer
Installed i850 (had since 2003) to newly purchased computer (XP Pro 32-bit), downloaded current print driver for this model. Can print from the web, but cannot print from MS Word 2007 or Notepad. I ca… read more
Satchi
Satchi
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Systemax Venture model SYX-D975XBX2, Serial # XXXXXXXXX
I have a Systemax Venture model SYX-D975XBX2, Serial # XXXXX Printers disappeared. When trying to reload printer, error message says "printer spooler service not running." I've restarted the spooler b… read more
IT Consultant,
Printer spool keeps stopping. i have restarted a number of
Printer spool keeps stopping. i have restarted a number of times but it keeps turning itself off when i try to print anything. anyideas please… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I had been using a Lexmark X1100 printer with a Dell laptop
I had been using a Lexmark X1100 printer with a Dell laptop with XP operating system. I now acquired a new Dell notebook with Vista home premium operating system. When I tired to install the printer, … read more
shibaranjan
shibaranjan
had done TCS related projects it college,
I opened an old document in pdf (Acrobat) format. It opened
I opened an old document in pdf (Acrobat) format. It opened fine. I then went to print it. I got a message box headed 'AcroRd32.exe' which said: 'This application has failed to start because DLBKGF.DL… read more
Nilesh
Nilesh
Computer Software Engineer,
I have a Lexmark X2500. I refilled old ink cartridges, but
I have a Lexmark X2500. I refilled old ink cartridges, but every time I try to install them the printer tells me that the cartridge is empty. I took the cartridges back to where they were refilled and… read more
Brad
Brad
No executable path in the Path to executable for Print Spool
No executable path in the "Path to executable:" for Print Spool Service. A cursor can be placed in the window where the entry goes (on General Tab when checking Properties for… read more
IT Consultant,