I have a lifecam, vx-5000 and getting the initialize error…

Customer Question
I have a lifecam, vx-5000...
I have a lifecam, vx-5000 and getting the initialize error - I have followed all the self help steps on the Microsoft site to no avail. Updated driver, reinstalled, downloaded the latest install from microsft, updated my XP and Office 2007 to latest sp's and updates. Tested and it still will not work. HELP - going on 2 weeks without being able to use.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
9/7/2009
Tech Support Specialist: James Carter, Database Administrator replied 8 years ago
James Carter
James Carter, Database Administrator
hello

thanks for your question.

see if you have tried this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933311

also try this

http://tinyurl.com/mkxxef

you can call microsoft at

Phone:
800-642-7676

How to reach a live person:
Just press 0 until transferred. Took me 3 times.

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 5am-9pm PT
Sat-Sun: 6am-3pm PT

or you can return it to get a replacement that will work.

Please Accept

-

Please click on the Green ACCEPT button below for me to get credit for my work. Please Post your question again instead of giving a NEGATIVE feedback.