Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Acer Aspire One wont start up

Customer Question

My Acer Aspire One won't start up
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

First I need some additional information in order to better assist you.

What is the operating system running on the PC?

How far into the boot process does it get....and what is the last thing to appear on the display before the boot fails?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Windows XP The computer goes to black screen with Windows XP on it and little blue boxes traveling across the bottom of the page.
Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.
That is what is displayed at initial boot?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

When we turn on the computer it goes to this screen

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I don;t know how much more information I can give you. We installed Norton Security yesterday, and the computer worked fine. We watched a movie last night on the computer. We turned it on this morning and it goes to the black screen with Windows XP and the little blue boxes traveling across the bottom. We have tried System Restore, we have uninstalled the Norton Security and still are unable to get the computer to work. I don't know what else you would need to know

Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.

Do you have a monitor that you can plug into the back of the laptop?

Also - when you refer to System Restore do you mean the recovery process that resets the laptop to factory defaults or the Windows System Restore?

Try press F8 repeatedly for about 2 minutes and if it displays a screen with menu items select Last Known Good and press Enter.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes that I what we did. We searched help and followed many of the recommendations. We went back as far as July to restore to Last Known Good and it still does not move from the Black Windows XP screen
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OH NEVERMIND!!! THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG> I WILL REQUEST A REFUND!!!Yell
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I should have asked from someone from USC!!!

Expert:  David L replied 8 years ago.

Ok, then thank you for contacting Just Answer.