Ramesh Patil
Ramesh Patil, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Web Developer 3+ years of experience in Asp.Net,c#,vb.net, MsSql Server 2005,
17234343

I receive message YOUR SQL server installation is either corrupt

I receive message "YOUR SQL server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (could not open SQLEVN70.RLL) ... I did npot know what I was doing by removing this whole pack from "add and remove programs" since I thought it is irrelevant. Now every time I get trhis message. I thied to restore my system to earlier point bu tthis message still shows up. I have Windows XP. Other people suggested to find it on computer and copy it in Resorses/1033 folders but I can't find the file. I don't have I believe the installation CD. Is there any way to deal with this problem? Thank you very very much for your help,
Tanya
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can I run the setup of sql server?
You need to have sql server setup file.
Do you have this setup cd or setup file.?

How do you installed it on machine before this?

Please give me details of above question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I bought this computer 2 years ago from dell. I din't play with any programs and left it as is. Why I was so stupid to do this yestewrday, I don't know. Anyway, the computer came with 2 CD's: one for operating system and other - for DELL computer software. I can't find on any of them the SQL server setup.
sql server is database programming language this is used in software database develpement.

If you dont need this application you can uninstall this from your machine.
If you need this application you have to purchase it and install it.

sql server is microsoft database application need to purchase it from microsoft.

If you dont have any use then i will recommend you to uninstall from machine

What do you want to do?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can i uninstall it from my machine?
Just Follow steps below:

1] Click on start
2] Go to control panel
3] There you will see application name like "sqlserver"
4] Just click on remove button at the right of this name

This will start the uninstallation process.
After successfull uninstall restart mahcine.
And see if error comes .

Lets hope this will help you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am sorry i can't find application sqlserver or anything like on the control panel

can i use add/remove programs to take it out?
sorry my mistake you are right.
use add/remove programs to uninstall it from machine

yes go to add/remove programs.
Then you can see there application name like "sql server".

Just click on remove button at the right of this name
  1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Open Add or Remove Programs.

3. Select Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click Remove.

4. The Component Selection page appears. By default, the Remove SQL Server 2005 instance components check box is selected. Select the instance that you want to remove.

5. To remove the Workstation components, select the Workstation Components check box.

6. The Confirmation page appears, listing the components that will be removed. Click Finish to complete the process of uninstalling SQL Server Express.

You will see the System Configuration Check and Setup Progress pages as the uninstall process is completed.

7. To remove SQL Native Client, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.

8. Select Microsoft SQL Native Client, and then click Remove.

9. You will see a dialog box confirming whether you want to remove SQL Native Client. Click Yes.

SQL Native Client is removed from the list of Add or Remove Programs.

see if this will help to you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried and thanks a lot for your time and help. I rebooted computer and checked with PC-cillin and it showed me around 10 high risk security warnings. I tried to get Windows update and I have the same as before Windows Window to appear saying: Preparing to install and nothing happens for a while. Did I run from one trouble into another?
Thanks,
Tanya