Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer-related problems
383181

I cant add a child account to Windows Live Family Safety.

I can't add a child account to Windows Live Family Safety. I have a parent account active, but I can't add a child account, only another parent account. How would I add this child account?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

1.

Go to the Family Safety Web site, and then click Add child on the Family summary page.

2.

If your child already has a Windows Live ID, click Sign in with this child’s ID. If they don’t have a Windows Live ID, click Create child ID .

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On the page that shows all accounts under Windows Live Family Saftety under my computer (the link in your reply), there is no option to Add child.

This is where I am getting stuck. Below is a link to a picture, so you can see what I see.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8775/imagesia.th.jpg

Note: I blocked off some user data in the image (my name) for my own security.
I just got a reply from Windows Live Family safety. See below for the reply.

"Thank you for contacting Windows Live Family Safety Technical Support. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you wanted to add a child account to Family Safety because there is no option on the site to add a child. I know how important this is. Allow me to set the proper expectations.

Sandeep, the option to add a child is currently unavailable from the Family Safety site due to server issues however, be assured that we are diligently working on it to fix the problem and should be available within 15 days.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to accomplish all the necessary updates for the service. I assure you that this is being done to provide you an outstanding customer experience.

Thank you for using Windows Live programs. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Jane

Windows Live Family Safety Technical Support

Here is the right link to the Family Safety "Team Blog" http://familysafety.spaces.live.com

On that page, look at the top area and find a tab labeled "Lists". Click on that and then click on "Need help?" and it will take you to the page here where I was able to fill out a form to get the answer I posted above.

Hope this helps.
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer-related problems
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you ever so much Sandeep. I also inquired myself via the same form you linked to and I too recieved the same reply. Again,. thank you for your assistance with this matter.
Most Welcome.