Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Canon ip3000 printer wont print black ink after I changed

Canon ip3000 printer won't print black ink after I changed cartridge (3eBK). I performed cleaning several times, then deep cleaning, also tried another brand new cardtridge, to no avail.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

1. Are you able to print in color ?
2. Why did you change the black cartridge ? .. was it over
3. Was black and color printing perfectly fine before you changed black cartridge
4. did u also change color cart.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1. Yes, colors print.
2. Previous cartridge had run out.
3. It printed fine until it ran out of ink.
4. No--just the black cartridge.
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

Just a stupid question. Are you sure you removed the protective plastic tape from the new cartridge.

If yes, does black doesnt print at all ?

How many times you performed deep cleaning

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I removed the plastic tape.
Black doesn't print at all.
I performed deep cleaning at least three times, maybe four or five.
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

As you already tried cleaning the cartridge using the software then there are only two possiblities :
1. The print heads are worned out with usage.
2. The cartridge you bought is faulty

If the printer is in warranty then you should get it repaired by Canon for free. If not, you will have to buy new print heads from Canon.

First return this cartridge for free (tell them its defective) and get new one from a branded shop. If that doesnt work too then to be very honest, these print heads are made of poor quality so that you need to replace them and Canon can make money. Thats why they sell cartridges at cheaper cost.

Please dont even think of sending it for repair to Canon if its out of warranty or anyone as again that will make hole in your pocket. Cheapest option is to buy new printer.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ssomeoat FixYa.com suggested:

check the cartridge contacts in the printer \
a lot of time they geet covered in ink this will not allow the cartridge to print properly and cause headaches
clean with a baby wipe or a paper towel with soap on it
dry thuoly with hair dryer and try again

Do you think that's worth trying?

Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

As you were not facing problems with old cartridge and you have bought a new cartridge, I dont think that will help you.

And in anycase, dont wash the new cartridge as you will loose warranty.

You can use a moist cloth (water, no soap) to clean the printer contacts and try.

But mostly its the print heads.