AOL error message Error 23-UVRI

Customer Question
AOL error message: Error: 23-UVRI...
AOL error message: Error: 23-UVRI
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2009
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 9 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Solution 1:
Clear the Cache, Cookies and History, Then Reset All Settings in Internet Explorer®

Whenever you visit certain Websites, they will store what is known as temporary Internet files and cookies on your computer to identify that Website. Sometimes these temporary Internet files and cookies can cause the issue you are experiencing. Similarly your History list can also be a concern. The more days you have specified for pages to be saved on your history list, the more disk space is used on your computer. You can free up disk space by clearing this list. You can do this manually or you can use the one-click fix.

To manually clear cache, cookies and history, then reset all settings for Internet Explorer® 7.0:
1. Close any Internet browser windows that may be open on your computer.
2. Click the Start button, select All Programs, then click Internet Explorer.
3. In the upper right, click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
4. On the General tab, under the Browsing history section, click the Delete button.
5. Under the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete files button to clear the cache.
6. Click the Yes button to confirm.
7. Under the Cookies section, click the Delete cookies button, to clear cookies.
8. Click the Yes button to confirm.
9. Under the History section, click the Delete history button to clear history.
10. Click the Yes button to confirm.
11. In the lower right, click the Close button to close the Delete Browsing History window.
12. Click the Security tab, then click the Default level button.
13. Click the Advanced tab, click the Reset button, then click the OK button.
14. Click the Connections tab.
15. Click the LAN Settings button.
16. Under the Proxy server section, click the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) box to clear it, then click the OK button.
17. Under the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings section, choose the Never dial a connection option by clicking it, then click the OK button.

To manually clear cache, cookies and history, then reset all settings for Internet Explorer 6.0:
2. Click the Start button, select Programs or All Programs, then click Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options .
4. On the General tab, under the Temporary Internet files section, click the Delete Files button to clear cache.
5. Click the Delete all offline content box to place a check mark in it, then click the OK button for confirmation.
6. Under the Temporary Internet files section, click the Delete Cookies button to clear cookies.
7. Click the OK button to confirm.
8. Under the History section, click the Clear History button to clear history.
9. Click the Yes button for confirmation.
10. Click the Programs tab.
11. Click the Reset Web Settings button.
12. Click the Yes button.
13. Click the Connections tab.
14. Click the LAN Settings button.
15. Under the Proxy server section, click the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) box to clear it, then click the OK button.
16. Under the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings section, choose the Never dial a connection option by clicking it, then click the OK button.

If that doesn't work, Solution 2:
Restart Your Computer and Close Other Programs

Other programs running on your computer may conflict with your attempt to connect to the AOL® service, or use up resources required for the AOL software to function effectively.

Note: These steps will close unnecessary programs until you restart the computer. To keep these programs from starting, please contact your computer manufacturer.

To restart your computer and close other programs on Windows® Vista™/XP/2000:
1. Restart your computer.

* If using Windows® Vista™, click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock this computer. button, then click Restart.
    * If using Windows XP Home Edition, click the Start button, then click the Turn Off Computer button. Click the What do you want the computer to do? drop-down menu to open it, select Shut down, then click the OK button.
    * If using Windows XP Pro/2000, click the Start button, then click Shut Down. Click the What do you want the computer to do? drop-down menu to open it, select Shut down, then click the OK button.

2. Right-click a blank or empty part of the Windows taskbar, then click Task Manager.
3. Click the Applications tab.
4. Click a program to select it, then click the End Task button.
5. If prompted, click the End Now button.
6. Click the Processes tab.
7. Click Image Name to sort the processes alphabetically.
8. Click a process other than the required processes listed below to select it, then click the End Process button.

Required Processes (do not end):

* explorer.exe
    * services.exe
    * spoolsv.exe
    * svchost.exe
    * system
    * taskmgr.exe
    * winlogon.exe

9. When prompted by a Task Manager Warning message, click the Yes or End Process button.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all non-essential programs are shut down, then click the Cancel button.
11. Launch the AOL software as you would normally, to confirm if this has resolved the issue.

To close non-essential programs on Windows® 98/Me:
1. Click the Start button, then click Shut Down.
2. Restart your computer.

* If using Windows Me, click the Start button, then click Shut Down. Click the What do you want the computer to do? drop-down menu to open it, select Shut down, then click the OK button.
    * If using Windows 98, click the Start button, then click Shut Down. Click the Restart to select it, then click the OK button.

3. On the keyboard, hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys, then tap the Delete key once.

Note: Tapping the Delete key two times consecutively when the Ctrl and Alt keys are held down will restart your computer. Any programs which were shut down will resume when the system restarts.
4. Click a program other than the required ones listed below to select it, then click the End Task button.

Required Programs (do not end):

* explorer
    * systray

5. When prompted by a Close Program message, click the End Task button.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all non-essential programs are closed, then click the Cancel button to return to the desktop.
7. Launch the AOL software as you would normally, to confirm if this has resolved the issue.

Solution 3:
Attempt to uninstall and reinstall the AOL Software

If none of the above works, you likely have a malware problem

Thanks,
Robert Preston
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist