Customerto set your home page;
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Click Tools
3) Select Internet Options
You will see an area to enter your home page, please type in http://www.myembarq.com/
The above steps should now have your home page back to what it was.
To continue to diagnose your issue we need to reboot your computer in safe mode.
1) If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
2) Wait 10 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
3) Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears.
Note:If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, 4) Restart the computer and try again, but wait 4 seconds before tapping F8.
5) Select Safe Mode with Networking
6) Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
When we are finished with all troubleshooting tasks below, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would. The computer will reboot in non-safe mode.
Now that you are in safe mode, please open Internet Explorer and see if you are able to download
Save and install all three programs above or please let me know the downloads hang at 99%