I have a Dell 948 AIO printer. I had a paper jam and removed…

Customer Question
I have a Dell 948...
I have a Dell 948 AIO printer. I had a paper jam and removed the paper sheet. I cannot clear the icon (!) on the control panel. I have used compressed air to try and clear the jam to no avail. Is it a sensor? Any suggestions?... Read full answer
I have a Dell 948 AIO printer. I had a paper jam and removed the paper sheet. I cannot clear the icon (!) on the control panel. I have used compressed air to try and clear the jam to no avail. Is it a sensor? Any suggestions?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Computer
7/15/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Andy, Computer Consultant replied 9 years ago
Andy, Computer Consultant
Hello !!

Please try this and let me know results.

Clearing Paper Jams

Paper jam in the paper path
  1. Pull the paper firmly to remove it. If you cannot reach the paper because it is too far into the printer, lift the printer unit to open the printer.

2. Pull the paper out.

3. Close the printer unit.

4. Resend your print job to print any missing pages.

Paper jam not visible
  1. Turn off the printer.

2. Lift the printer unit.

3. Firmly grasp the paper, and gently pull it from the printer.

4. Close the printer unit.

5. Turn on the printer, and print the document again.

Paper jam in the duplex unit
  1. Remove the duplex unit cover.

2. Firmly grasp the paper, and gently pull it from the printer.

3. Reinstall the duplex unit cover.

4. Press the Select button to continue printing.

Paper jam near the ADF
  1. Lift the ADF cover located to the left of the ADF input tray.

2. Firmly grasp the paper, and then gently pull it from the printer.

3. Close the ADF cover.

4. Press the Select button .

5. Resend your print job to print any missing pages.

Let me know

Your answer was directly out of the manual for the printer (I have the same info in my copy of the manual). My problem is there is the paper had been removed. There is no way to fully open the printer to see if there is something covering a sensor. I was looking for a way to reset the sensor from the operator panel. I have used compressed air to try and blow out any small piece of paper or dust that may be covering a sensor.

Hello !!

If the sensor is damaged or worned out it cannot be reset. It needs replacement.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
EPSON PX700W: I HAVE A EPSON PX700W PRINTER, BROUGHT 13MNTHS
I HAVE A EPSON PX700W PRINTER, BROUGHT 13MNTHS AGO, AND THE WARRENTY HAS JUST EXPIRED. A MESSAGE POPS UP ON PRINTER SCREEN PAPER IS JAMMED IN PRINTER. ALTHOUGH ANY PAPER JAMMED HAS BEEN REMOVED, THE P… read more
Digital Media Techies
Digital Media Techies
Owner,
Hi, had a printer jam - removed the paper and now when we
Hi, had a printer jam - removed the paper and now when we print colour we get a line on the right side of the text? Have cleaned the heads, aligned and calibrated the heads, still happens. Any clues? … read more
TonnyJonny
TonnyJonny
Have an HP officejet 5510 all-in-one printer. When I try to
Have an HP officejet 5510 all-in-one printer. When I try to print, it shows paper jam in the print menu. There is absolutely NO paper jam. How do I get the printer to printÉ Please help… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Cannon MX850, an error message paper output slot
I have a Cannon MX850, an error message "paper output slot is jammed" keeps popping up. There is no paper in the machine, the pathway has been cleared, the printer has been power cycled, the printer h… read more
vasanth
vasanth
my pixma 460 gives me the following screen the paper is jammed.
my pixma 460 gives me the following screen:the paper is jammed. clear the paper and press [ok]. there is no paper jam and when i press [ok] nothing happens.… read more
Computer Science Engineer,
I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless why do I keep getting
I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless why do I keep getting a message to clear a jam when nothing is jammed? Is there some way to reset the machine after a jam is cleared. I had this problem with an… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Good afternoon. I have a Canon Printer MX310. I had a prin
Good afternoon. I have a Canon Printer MX310. I had a printer jam, which I cleared the paper out. Restart and the "paper Jam" Alarm continues to show. On/Off wait several minutes, back on to have the … read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
I have a HP 1040 Fax. It keeps telling me to clear a paper
I have a HP 1040 Fax. It keeps telling me to clear a paper jam and push cancel. No matter how hard I look, I can't see any paper jam. It will fax out but doesn't receive or copy.… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I have a L7680 All-In-One printer. I had a paper jam yesterday...got
I have a L7680 All-In-One printer. I had a paper jam yesterday...got it unjammed and pushed the ok button. It tried to advance the paper and just clicked then showed the paper jam arrows again. I open… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I have a paper jam at exit error on my samsung clp-300 lazer
I have a paper jam at exit error on my samsung clp-300 lazer printer. I have cleared the paper jam fully but the error still remains, any help?… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I have a bubble jet canon i70 printer and wheb I send data
I have a bubble jet canon i70 printer and wheb I send data to be printed it will engage but does not pull the paper through and it makes a noise and the ink cartridge will move across and go back to t… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I am having some trouble with my Pixma MP140 printer. I tried
I am having some trouble with my Pixma MP140 printer. I tried to print a document a my printer didn't feed. Instead I've been getting a paper jam error with no paper to jam the printer in the first pl… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Stop searching for answers—
Hello, I have a 922 all in one printer. I had a paper jam,,
Hello, I have a 922 all in one printer. I had a paper jam,, when I looked at the printer I saw that a large amount of paper had fed into the printer,, about 40 sheets. The only way to remove it was to… read more
Computer Science Engineer,
have a paper jam while trying to fax with an irregular piece
have a paper jam while trying to fax with an irregular piece of paper followed instrutions in our pixma mp83o user guide. to no avail now i cannot print anything or change from copy to fax or scan and… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
hp colorlaserjet 2550 turn it on comes ready but once I press
hp colorlaserjet 2550 turn it on comes ready but once I press print the go light , ready light and attention lights all come on and stay on with no printing… read more
mary
mary
error msg my canon mp600 error paper output slot the
error msg my canon mp600: error: paper output slot "the paper is jammed - clear the paper and press OK" no paper or piece visible all the way through. was printing Avery label sheet. if a label detach… read more
mary
mary
I have a dell 948 printer. It shows a paper jam message but
I have a dell 948 printer. It shows a paper jam message but there is no paper jam. I did all the troubleshooting steps required but still the message shows. I powered it down for 30 minutes thinking i… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
My dell AIO 944 indicates there is a paper jam - however, ...
My dell AIO 944 indicates there is a paper jam - however, there is not. Now the screen on the printer keeps instructing me on how to change the cartridge and I cannot get the printer to print. What ca… read more
Sean Juan
Sean Juan
Wintel Engineer,