I have a 1525 and I am getting an 0326 error any suggestio…

Customer Question
I have a 1525 and...
I have a 1525 and I am getting an 0326 error any suggestionms
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Ryan B., Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer~!~Smile

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question today. Could you please answer a few questions for me so that I can get all the needed info to better assist you?

1) When did this problem start happening?
2) What is the exact error message?
3) When does the error appear?

1. PROBLEM started 4 days agp. lcd would not come on. attached external monitor, ran test got error nsg.
2. exact error message: error 0326 error message code 2000 0326
3. error message appears when rinning diagnostic

thank you for the quick reply. Was the external that you attached an LCD as well?
According to Dell Support Center this is the fix, for the error you are receiving:

Error:
PSA 1000-0326
PSA+ 2000-0326
------>
LCD inverter error, unable to turn lamp ON/OFF.

Source: http://support.ap.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/tree?journalid=6D2E848B1DD9239FE040AE0AB5E16F18&treeid=345518

Troubleshooting With PSA Diagnostics on a Laptop Computer
Journal ID: 09179K33W0
Wizard ID: 345518
Date Published: 8/11/2008
Last Revised: 2/16/2009

STEP: Reseat the LCD Cable
Additional Information
  1. Disconnect the portable system and all attached devices from any electrical outlets.

2. Open the display all the way (180 degrees) so that it lies flat against your work surface.

3. Using a small, flat-end screwdriver, insert the screwdriver on the right side to gently pry the hinge cover loose.

4. Gently remove the hinge cover pulling up from right to left (Figure 1).

Figure 1: Removing the Hinge Cover

1. Locate the video cable directly above the <Prnt Scrn> key (Figure 2).

Figure 2:
LCD Cable Location (Click the image to enlarge.)

1. Press down on the connection to make sure it is not loose (Figure 3).

Figure 3:
Applying Pressure to the LCD Cable (Click the image to enlarge.)

1. Reattach the hinge cover by snapping it down from left to right.

2. Power on the system.

IF this solution doesn't work then you will have to call Dell at the number provided below:

Dell Technical Support:

---> 1800-88-1306

Please have the Express Service Code (ESC) ready so that your call will be routed to the correct team. You can refer to the picture below for the location of the Express Service Code and Service Tag:
DELL DesktopDELL NotebookDELL Monitor
NOTE: If you are not able to locate the ESC, please have your order number ready so that the specialist can search for your record. For monitors, do note the PPID number as well e.g. DS/N JP-021KEV-42011-12C-0343
Click here for additional information.
Talking to the Technician:
Provide the service tag number of your computer system to the Technical Support Specialist.
Explain your problem to the specialist.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- The operating system used on the computer
- Error messages seen on the computer
- Beep codes or other sound from the computer
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- What steps you have taken to resolve the problem, including results from each steps
Listen and follow the steps provided by the specialist. Let the specialist know what happens when you perform the steps.

1800-88-1306

Ryan B.
Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist