Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

how do i restore the factory settings for an emachine computer

Customer Question

how do i restore the factory settings for an emachine computer with out a disk?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

You will need to use the Emachines Recovery disc to do so. If you dont have this disc already you will have to request it from Emachines.

Just insert that disc and restart computer and load from disc and it will guide you with the steps

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will be glad to help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i dont have a disk, so how else can this be done. on other comupters there is a process to allow this to be done using the Fkey's to accomplish.
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hello !!

Some Emachines computers do have built in recovery partition.

Restart computer and keep pressing F11 key. If your computer has it, it will prompt you that do you want to perform Full System Restore and maybe other options with it.

Select Full System Restore and follow on screen prompts and your system will go back to factory settings.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you infor did not help. I had to go to best buy to get the answer. By pressing F8 you can factory restore. do not charge my CC
Expert:  Andy replied 8 years ago.
Hi !!

You should have replied to me and I would had continued working on it.

Anyways, I have opted out and incase you need further help someone will be with you