I have a cannon pixma mp830. I fax something a year ago. I…

Customer Question
I have a cannon pixma...
I have a cannon pixma mp830. I fax something a year ago. I would like to know how to retrieve a confirmation/ receipt on the fax i sent.... Read full answer
I have a cannon pixma mp830. I fax something a year ago. I would like to know how to retrieve a confirmation/ receipt on the fax i sent.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Computer
6/21/2009
Tech Support Specialist: Freddy M., Support Specialist replied 10 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
This will give you a print out of your Fax history as long as it was not deleted from memory.

1. Press the Copy button if that light is not already lit
2. Press the Menu button
3. Press the Right arrow to get to "Maintenance / settings"
4. Press the OK button
5. Press the Right arrow to get to "Device settings"
6. Press the OK button
7. (You should be at FAX SETTINGS) Press the OK button again
8. Press the down arrow to get to "TX settings"
9. Press the OK button
10. Press the down arrow to get to "TX report"
11. Press the OK button
11. Press the down arrow to get to "Print for each TX"
12. Press the OK button
13. Press Stop / Reset when it is finished
Hi I just did everything i was told and did not get any print out of the fax i sent last year. Can you please tell me how to get this print out?
I apologize but you can not do that. The TX report is a fax history of when and where faxes were sent. That is the closest to a print out of the actual fax you will be able to get.
I did what you told me but i need a print out of what i faxed a year ago
I am going to have to opt out and let other experts answer

The TX report is a fax history of where and when faxes have been sent.....I want this report printed out....but what you have told me to do didn't do this. I got no print out.

Tech Support Specialist: mary, Consultant replied 10 years ago
mary
mary, Consultant
Hi follow this instruction to get your fax report

Printing reports and lists MP830

Printing reports and lists

You can print various reports and lists from the fax machine. To print a report or list, follow these instructions:

1. Press the <FAX> button.

2. Press the <Menu> button.

3. Press the left or right arrow to select [Print report/list], then press <OK>. The Print report/list screen is displayed.

4. Press the up or down arrow to select the appropriate report or list, then press <OK>. Selecting to print the Telephone number list will display another window to print a specific phone list.

1. To print an Activity report, User's data list or Memory list, press the up or down arrow to select [Yes]. Now, go to step 5.

2. To print a One-touch speed dial, Coded speed dial or Group dial list, press the up or down arrow to select it, then press <OK>.

3. If you selected One-touch speed dial or Coded speed dial, press the up or down arrow to select whether to print the list in numerical order of the fax/telephone numbers, or in alphabetical order of the registered names..

Yes: Prints the list with the destination names in alphabetical order.

No: Prints the list with the registered entries in numerical order

4. If you selected Group dial, press the up or down arrow to select [Yes], then press <OK>.

5. To print another telephone number list, repeat the steps from 4b. Alternatively, press the <Back> button to return to Print report/list menu (step 4) to print another type of report or list.

5. Press <Stop/Reset> repeatedly to return to Fax standby mode.
Reffered to canon weblink

Please Click on ACCEPT Button to reward my time, If unsatisfied, please post your question again instead of giving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Thanks and regards
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have cannon Pixma MX922. I just got my computer back from
I have cannon Pixma MX922. I just got my computer back from getting cleaned up and I think I accidently made my adobe pro dc my default. Now when I scan something it no longer comes up on my screen to… read more
ManojChaitanya Thiru
ManojChaitanya Thiru
Technical Support Engineer,
Intermediate
I have a cannon pixma 160 and a acer aspire15 the cannon
I have a cannon pixma 160 and a acer aspire15 the cannon requires a disc to install it but I have no disc drive can I do it VIA internet … read more
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer
Associate's Degree
Unable to fax, getting error report 380, saying "Image on
Unable to fax, getting error report 380, saying "Image on fax send report is set to Off" I then changed to "ON". Now get report 344, saying Image is ON, but it still does not send fax. … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought my first laptop, its a dell inspirion. It
I just bought my first laptop, its a dell inspirion. It seems ok, I have 60 days to see if I like it. I am new to all this tech stuff and was wondering if you think any one brand is way better than an… read more
IT Manager,
I have a HP 1536 dnf mfp and I need to prove that I sent a
I have a HP 1536 dnf mfp and I need to prove that I sent a fax to a specific number 2 months ago. Is there a way I can retrieve that kind of info. Thanks, Kyle… read more
IT Manager,
I have windows Vista on my PC and a Cannon Pixma MP600. I am
I have windows Vista on my PC and a Cannon Pixma MP600. I am trying to print a fax sent on email attachment. I can open it with Windows Photo Gallery but whan I go to print it says that the picture ca… read more
Thomas
Thomas
IT Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
i sent a email a few weeks ago and wanted to know if it had
i sent a email a few weeks ago and wanted to know if it had been read i dont have a tracker or reciept read on my windows live account i do how ever have a copy of the sent email is there any way i ca… read more
Ryan
Ryan
Systems Support Analyst,
Good Afternoon. We have a Canon Laser Class 2050P fax / copier
Good Afternoon. We have a Canon Laser Class 2050P fax / copier and would like to know if it is possible to access fax information - phone number to verify that the fax was sent on a specific date. Tha… read more
TechGuy
TechGuy
mY HUSBAND fRED w cHAMPION GOT AOL SERVICE SEVERAL YEARS AGO
mY HUSBAND fRED w cHAMPION GOT AOL SERVICE SEVERAL YEARS AGO hE ONLY USED IT APPROX 6 TIMES mY HUSBAND WAS KILLED IN dEC. 2009 i SENT AOL A COPY OF HIS DEATH CERTIFICATE AND A COPY OF THE POLICE REPOR… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
I purchased a Canon Pixma MP610 a little over a year ago and
I purchased a Canon Pixma MP610 a little over a year ago and it is now giving me an error message. I have spoken to a Canon rep who after going through a few suggestions told me it would have to go to… read more
Information Technology Manager,
HELP! I need to upload a receipt to send to my company for
HELP! I need to upload a receipt to send to my company for a job. I have the Canon MP830 copier, scanner, fax (all in one). My operating system is AOL. I have Windows Vista. I've never sent scanned wi… read more
J Tech
J Tech
3 years towards bs in computer sci
Cannon PIXMA MP830 ALL-IN-ONE Printer I received error message
Cannon PIXMA MP830 ALL-IN-ONE Printer I received error message "6A00". Not in User's Guide Please help! Carol Breault [email protected]… read more
expresshelpline
expresshelpline
Stop searching for answers—
I have a canon PIXMA MP830 that will not fax. I load the document
I have a canon PIXMA MP830 that will not fax. I load the document in the ADF tray, with fax button pressed, dial the number, and press black start key. It appears to be trying to fax message at bottom… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Trouble scanning photos from my scanner to my computer. It
Trouble scanning photos from my scanner to my computer. It scans but there are 10 small pictures that make up one big picture? HELP!… read more
Jennifer
Jennifer
C.E.O.,
Just bought Canon JX510P fax machine, and it won't send a
Hi there. just bought Canon JX510P fax machine, and it won't send a fax. I can hear the other fax machine's "squeel" and it tries to answer, then there's no hand shake completion. An Error TX Report i… read more
sunnyDmaster
sunnyDmaster
DEPUTY ENGINEER,
I have an PIXMA MP830 printer that is incompatible with windows if
I have an PIXMA MP830 printer that is incompatible with windows if canon does not support their product with new software. Are there other vendors that can will reccomend to solve compatibility proble… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
I have a pixma mp830 and would like to clean the inside of
I have a pixma mp830 and would like to clean the inside of the Platen glass as it is smokey or streaked. The book explains cleaning the upper surface but I need to clean the lower surface as well. GK… read more
Scott L
Scott L
Owner,
who is my computer registered to also, the registry numbers.
Im trying to register a product for my computer, in the past ive been asked the same thing but didnt know how to retrieve the answer… read more
bytestream
bytestream
computing consultant,